LAKESIDE CHRISTIAN CHURCH – YOUTH PASTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
Title: Youth Pastor (Full-time – 40 hours a week)
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Relates to: Elders, Servant Leadership Team, and Worship Leaders
Compensation: $28K-35K (annual salary) Negotiable, Retirement options
1. Would prefer a Bachelor’s degree or higher in ministry with some experience in youth Ministry, but not necessarily required.
2. Demonstrate gifts and calling to youth ministry, love young people, and have a passion for evangelism and outreach, both personally and at the ministry level. Their ministry to Youth is not a stepping stone to adult ministry, but rather a “calling” to be answered.
3. A self-motivated leader, capable of casting and imparting vision for ministry, possessing relational skills with youth, parents, and staff.
4. Must possess strong communication skills and a desire to be active in community outreach. This position requires excellent leadership, administrative, and organizational skills.
5. Must have the ability to research the community, utilizing demographics, technology, and social media to reach the un-churched youth of our community.
6. Able to work as a team player, cooperating with the Senior Pastor, Elders, and Leadership Team, and all members of Lakeside Christian Church.
7. Should be able to act with minimal supervision and provide guidance to church leadership in all areas concerning youth ministry.
8. Exhibit proven ability to teach and train youth into a deeply enriching faith experience.
9. Exemplify obedience to the Word of God and devotion to deep-rooted prayer life.
10. Must have a clear testimony to a saving, sanctifying, and growing relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.
11. Model a Christ-like lifestyle and a passion to reach the lost for Jesus Christ.
The Youth Pastor will lead and organize an effective youth ministry, implementing fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, and evangelism. Most importantly should demonstrate a hunger for more of God and possess a passion to lead the youth of our church and community into that same hunger. The overall objective of the Youth Pastor is to make Christlike disciples of our youth and to train and mobilize them to make Christlike disciples.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide leadership to our overall youth ministry, including the accomplishment of all L.C.C goals and objectives.
2. Model and raise the value of a Christ-centered lifestyle within the youth of our Church.
3. Build a growing Youth Ministries team to effectively reach the un-churched youth of Lakeside’s immediate and extended communities.
4. Maintain a close working relationship with the public schools of our
community and make connections with students from our schools, drawing them into the fellowship of our church and into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
5. Facilitate the training and mobilizing of our youth to develop relationships with the un-churched, to actively witness to persons within the sphere of their influence, and to make Christlike disciples of those responding to their witness.
6. Collaborate with the church’s leadership in the creation of new ministries as needed to accomplish the vision and mission of the church.
7. Make and maintain positive relationships with leaders in the community, especially those leaders of our schools and other youth organizations.
8. Establish strong relationships with the youth of our church, maximizing ministry impact in their lives.
9. Provide counseling and spiritual direction to youth on an individual basis.
10. Maintain contact with students and parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities. Keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
11. Seek to integrate youth ministry into all phases of church life to create a culture that is intentionally intergenerational, striving to unite with and complement other church ministries.
12. Prepare, monitor, and control the annual youth budget as approved by the Servant Leadership Team and Elders of Lakeside.
13. Manage student fees and fundraising money for events and ministry/mission Trips in cooperation with LCC’s Treasurer.
14. Participate in staff meetings, one-on-one meetings with the Lead Pastor, and other meetings necessary to lead an effective youth ministry. Shall also be in participatory attendance of the regular and special services of the church.
15. Support parents in effectively fulfilling their Christian parenting roles, in concert with other pastoral staff.
16. Adequate planning and preparation for all services, meetings, and activities must be done, so that each event will be effective in accomplishing its stated purpose.
18. Other duties as required and requested by the Lead Pastor.
Lakeside Christian Church
22321 Oak Ridge Dr, Shell Knob, MO 65747
Dow Escalante (Pastor)
2,833 total views, 9 views today