Serve Lynchburg Church of Christ by providing spiritual leadership, guidance and shepherding for elementary, middle school and high school students.
Develop the Youth Ministry team and volunteers in the strategic development and implementation of a plan to evangelize and disciple children and students.
Administer curriculum, programming, facility, budgets, and planning processes. Part-time employment of 20 hours per week. Opportunity to grow the ministry.
- Create & implement regular extra-curricular fellowship, educational, team-building, and evangelistic activities, especially for children to invite friends
- Recruit, train and encourage volunteers and interns for Sunday and mid-week programs, along with ongoing contact programs and annual church related events
- Ensure children/youth members and families are visited &/or contacted during times of need
- Preview, select, order, and distribute appropriate curriculum, materials, and resources
- Track attendance patterns and develop a follow-up system with the families of absentees
- Display confidence in walking a student through what it means to be a follower of Jesus Christ
- Participate and provide leadership for camps and conventions
- Develop and maintain appropriate budget accounts
- Support safety and security systems for the church including background checks for all workers
Accountable to the Senior Minister
- Ultimately accountable to God and the Lynchburg Church Elders. Reports directly to the Senior Minister for all ministry and staff activities. Always a team player.
- Assist with special events such as church-wide events, class parties, mission trips and other group functions or outings.
- Assist the Senior Minister, including preaching periodically, and any other areas of service/need as assigned
- Assist &/or conduct marriages, funerals, and memorial services upon request
- Focus on personal spiritual well-being through worship, study, and prayer
Required Qualification Education Level
Experience is preferred, with some Biblical education acquired from university associated with Independent Christian Church.
- Passion for children’s ministry is necessary.
- Good role model.
- Devoted and self-disciplined.
- Living in close fellowship with God with a continuing growing relationship.
- Ability to keep current with the trends and issues important to children/youth.
Lynchburg Church of Christ overview:
The church was established in 1838 and was put on the global map because of Ed Bousman, the iconic preacher with a radio station being broadcast from the church. We are a community- based church, with great support from the local school district, fire department, and mayor. We have established the community food pantry serving approximately 60 families weekly. Due to the pandemic, our church attendance has declined. However, during that time period we were able to completely update the sanctuary and many other areas of the church building. Our present average attendance is approximately 60. Since our location is in the village, we have access to a public park adjacent to our building, with the opportunity to have many outdoor activities. There is no other youth minister in the village, so we have so much opportunity to take advantage of this outreach to our children.
Our current minister has over 20 years working in youth ministry, so he understands the difficulties youth ministers face and has pledged to give as much assistance and guidance as needed.
We at the church are very excited about the opportunity to have a youth minister. We see the need to bring the children of the church family, the next generation, to a closer relationship with God. We as a congregation vow to assist/support this position.
Watch Sunday, May 9, 2021 service. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSjoUVwAnz8
To Communicate Interest in this Position or to Request more Information, send email with resume to David Myers, Minister, firstname.lastname@example.org or call the church office at 517-364-2250.
Lynchburg First Church of Christ
140 Sycamore Street
PO Box 391
Lynchburg, Ohio 45142
David Myers, Minister
915 total views, 9 views today