Job Description: The Christian Church of Unionport desires a minister who has a deep passion for the Lord, a calling to teach His word and the conviction to live as a servant leader in our church and community. The minister is responsible for the spiritual instruction and leadership of the congregation and ministries of the church. He is accountable to the elder board and works closely with the board to provide direction for the congregation.
• A degree from an accredited Bible College or Seminary
• A continuing commitment to the learning and study of God’s word
• Previous experience in church ministry
• Experience in preaching and sermon development
• Provide Spiritual Leadership
o By effectively preaching and teaching Biblical truths which strengthens core beliefs, faith, and an understanding of God’s wisdom for life
Preaching and Teaching
• Regularly preaches and teaches Biblical theology from both the Old and New Testaments, effectively communicating the word of God in a way to inspire people to apply it to their daily lives.
• Administers the ordinances of Baptism and communion
Leadership, Vision, and Administration
• Work together with the Elders, Deacons, and volunteers in planning, organizing, and implementing ministry events
• Be available to counsel families and individuals of the church
• Provide hospital and home visitation
• Lead through personal example
• Pursue opportunities for evangelism within the local community
• Pursue opportunities to develop programs for age or interest specific groups
• Pursue opportunities to develop relationships with other local pastors and community leaders
Interested applicants need to send a resume and letter of interest to the Christian Church of Unionport, Attn: Pastor Search Committee, 3488 Cty. Hwy. 39, Bloomingdale, OH 43910 or material may be emailed to email@example.com
For More Information contact:
Pastor Search Committee (740) 944-1697
1415 Anderson Ave.
Manhattan, KS 66502
All contents copyright 2015 Manhattan Christian College