We seek an individual, called by God, whose desire is to Glorify God through the fulfillment of the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20) in the spirit of the Great Commandment (Matthew 22:36-40). As such, this person must have a passion for reaching the lost (the unsaved) and for making disciples that, in turn, make disciples. The individual we seek should be an extremely gifted, dynamic preacher desiring to be a highly effective communicator of the Word of God. He must be an inspirational leader by his life example and through mentoring and must value the diversity of our multi-generational congregation.
• Meets all Biblical qualifications of an elder as defined in 1 Timothy 3:1-3, 1 Peter 5:1-14, and Titus 1:5-9
• Affirms, and is in complete agreement with, the Scott Avenue Christian Church Mission, Vision and Beliefs
• Has obtained at least a Bachelor’s Degree from a Christian Church Bible College with Restoration Movement background
• Previous successful full-time pastoral ministry experience (preferably five years minimum at a church of 200 or more and preaching experience of a minimum of twice per month)
• Has a proven track record of working well with others and is committed to a team approach to ministry
All contents copyright 2014 Manhattan Christian College