Vale Christian Church is currently in search of a full-time pastor. Vale is a small, eastern Oregon town of around 1,600 residents. VCC was established over 100 years ago. Our Sunday morning worship service consists of blended music service and sermon with an average attendance of about 100 per week.
Vale Christian Church is an Elder-led congregation looking for a pastor with a strong commitment to letting the Holy Spirit guide the teaching of the Scriptures, who can educate and assist the congregation in becoming better equipped biblically and spiritually. VCC strives to follow God’s word by going beyond its walls into the community, county, and world to reach those who are unchurched.
We are seeking a Pastor with the heart and passion to serve, shepherd and provide strong spiritual leadership to the ministries of our members. We desire a leader who can clearly communicate and execute our mission. Our prayer is that under your leadership we would better fulfill our mission.
We are looking for a team builder who can empower, equip, and then release us to do the work of ministry. He should have a firm commitment to personal study and preaching the Word of God. He should also possess skills in biblical conflict resolution and building relationships.
The ideal candidate should have higher education and at least five years experience as a pastor or associate pastor.
Our main expectations of a minister are:
• Effective preaching shown through spiritual development and discipling of members;
• Administrative leadership; work well with people to equip, delegate, and mentor, yet be a strong leader;
• Able to delegate when appropriate, and encourage shared leadership, especially among the Elders;
• Develop programs to meet educational needs of the congregation and encouraging and equipping the body to carry out these programs.
Personal and professional qualifications:
• Be spirit-filled, enthusiastic, and truly called to this congregation;
• Possess strong people skills and demonstrate professionalism;
• Be able to enjoy and appreciate rural life and culture;
• Provide positive but thought-provoking sermons from a full range of teaching from God’s Word;
• Possess a true compassion for all ages.
Salary package $40-55K depending on qualifications
In His Service,
Pulpit Committee Chairman
1424 Hillcrest Drive
Vale, OR 97918