Manhattan Christian College Small Group Leader Application 2016-2018
**Only MCC students entering their junior or senior year in the fall of 2016 are eligible to apply for Small Group Leaders.**
Mission of Small Groups:
“To move people towards maturity in Christ and to transform them into His image.” Ephesians 4:13
Application Deadline: Thursday, January 28th
Small Group Leader Qualifications:
1. Be a committed disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ. Model the power of God’s Word and prayer in daily life, as well as the love of Christ for others. Strive to be Christlike in your thoughts, words and actions. Follow Him in obedience according to His Word.
2. Be a leader in conduct, attitude, and service.
3. Commitment to excellence in everything you do.
4. Support the mission of the college: “To educate, equip and enrich Christian leaders” and be able to support the policies of the institution.
5. Be a degree-seeking MCC student.
6. Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.50.
7. Be a junior or senior in academic status for the 2016-2017 school year.
8. Be committed for two years and preferably not a Resident Assistant.
9. Be committed to the small group ministry and the following times:
a. Small Group Leaders Training Sessions:
1. These training sessions are mandatory. If you know that you will not be able to make one of these sessions, then you MUST talk to Ben Grogg in the Student Development Office!
2. Training dates will be annouced within the next week and must be attended!
b. Bi-weekly meetings with a Small Group Coach to discuss how your small group is progressing and for accountability with the ministry. These meetings usually take place during lunch, dinner or at a coffee shop.
c. Periodic Small Group Leaders Round Table/Training meetings during the 2016-2018 school years. These sessions are mandatory! No Excuses!!
d. Be available to come back early for New Student Orientation.
e. Weekly meetings with your Small Group.
10. Be able to provide leadership/servanthood in:
a. Your example
b. Shepherding your group
c. Caring and praying for your group
d. Accountability with your group
11. Be committed to lead a Small Group for the next two years (2016-2018).
12. All Small Group Leaders MUST be back on campus by date that will be specificied next week. It is mandatory that you are back for this meeting!! No Excuses!!
Please complete the following application and submit it by Thursday, January 28, 2016.
After an initial screening by the selection committee, you will be notified to interview for this ministry