Alert message goes here.

International Student


International students are admitted to Manhattan Christian College by contacting the Admissions Office for an International Student application packet, or by printing and completing the application form on this website. Please, be sure to print neatly and provide a complete postal mailing address. The following policy applies:

It is important that all of the following be received in this office before any action can be taken on your admission. No I-20 form will be issued until all items are in our office and you have been officially admitted to the college by the admissions committee.

1. International Student Application – Be sure to complete both sides of the form. Make sure the application is signed and indicate an intended field of study. This is required to receive an I-20.

2. Make sure to write (do not type) a brief letter to accompany the application. This letter should state the reason for desiring to attend MCC, vocational aim, and personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

3. Enclose two (2) reference forms from individuals other than relatives. We prefer these to include one from a church leader and one from a school teacher if possible.

4. Include the non-refundable application fee of $25 (U.S. dollars).

5. Provide official translated copies of your entire secondary and post secondary school records. If you have attended any college or university in the United States, final transcripts from these colleges must also be ordered by you and be sent from the registrar’s office directly to: Admissions, Manhattan Christian College, 1415 Anderson Ave., Manhattan, KS 66502.

Transfer credit may be awarded for university level studies completed abroad, based on official records and transcripts submitted with your application. This credit is evaluated on an individual basis. Course syllabi, course descriptions, and test results may be required to facilitate the evaluation. You should bring these documents with you. Evaluation may be delayed until after you enroll. Final determination of the amount of academic credit will not be made until after you are admitted to the college.

Applicants must arrange for official certified transcripts of previous academic work to be sent to the MCC Admissions Office. Certified transcripts are reports of individual courses taken and indicate the grades obtained for each course. Transcripts must have a raised seal or a stamp on the copy of the transcript from, for example, the Director, Registrar, Headmaster, or Headmistress of the school. Proof of graduation from secondary school / high school is also required. These transcripts must be in English or accompanied by an English translation.

Applicants from Commonwealth countries must submit certified or notarized copies of their “O” level and/or “A” level certificates (copies of unofficial result slips are not acceptable). Applicants from countries having different educational systems should submit results from their countries’ respective secondary school graduation examinations and / or university placement examinations (for example, CXC exam results, Abitur results, baccalaureate results, etc.).

6. The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) should be taken. A minimum score of 550 on the written test or a 213 on the computer TOEFL is required for admission. Proficiency may also be determined by passing a full academic year of college-level freshman English with a grade of “C” or better at an accredited institution of higher learning in the United States. Arrangements to take the TOEFL may be made by contacting the following:

Educational Testing Service
PO Box 6155 Princeton, NJ 08541-6155
Phone: 609-771-7100
Web Site:

Students either who demonstrate difficulty with written or spoken English may be required to participate in an English Language program to strengthen necessary skills. The purpose of this is to ensure adequate proficiency to learn in an English-speaking classroom.

Students interested in attending MCC may find answers to many questions about the proceedure and necessary froms by visiting the Study in the States website.

Special Application Procedure for F-1 Transfer Students
International applicants presently studying as F-1 students in the U.S., and wishing to transfer to MCC, must apply for admission in the same manner as international applicants living outside of the U.S. F-1 transfer applicants must also submit a MCC “Request for F-1 Transfer Information” form to the Admissions Office from the previously-attended U.S. school. The designated school official (DSO) of that school should return this form directly to the MCC Admissions Office by fax or by mail.

7. Complete an Affidavit of Financial Sponsorship.  This special form must be dated within one year of applicants anticipated entry into the college.  Students may not sponsor themselves or other students.  Students will need sponsorship for the upcoming school year in the amount of $30,636.00 (U.S. dollars).  Unfortunately, MCC does not have financial assistance funds available for international students. MCC does not accept certificates of balance as a substitute for the signed bank portion of the affidavit. If your bank is unable or unwilling to sign the form, the bank must submit a letter to the Admissions Office stating its policy.

Required Financial Documentation
In order to receive a Form I-20 after you have been academically approved for studies at MCC you should submit the following documentation:

  • a completed MCC Affidavit of Financial Sponsorship
  • documents demonstrating that you have at least the minimum estimated yearly expenses needed to study at Manhattan Christian College.

Please note that the U.S. Embassy in your country may have very specific financial documentation requirements. Contact the U.S. Embassy for more information, or consult the U.S. Department of State web site at Each individual or organization that will be supporting you must submit the following documentation:

  1. A letter describing the financial support (you may also use the Affidavit of Financial Support form). Describe the financial support in the letter:
    Nature of Support – amount in US dollars for tuition, room and board, health insurance, the provision of free room of board from U.S. sponsor, etc.
    Time period of support – twelve months, duration of studies, etc.
  2. Documentary proof of the financial support. Give proof of the pledged financial support by providing one or more of the following documents. These and similar documents must describe the financial support which will be used to fund your studies and support your living expenses:
    Proof of Employment Income – a letter from your employer stating salary, recent pay stubs, etc.
    Proof of ability to provide free room – an ownership deed or a rental contract in sponsor’s name, etc.
    Proof of other financial resources – such as a recent bank statement, recent pension checks, etc.

Additional Notes Regarding Financial Documentation
Private sponsors should state in their letter that they will have sufficient funds after paying their own personal expenses to be able to afford sponsoring the student in the stated amount.
Organizational/institutional sponsors should write on business letterhead the nature and time period of support for your studies. Proof of the organization’s finances / ability to provide this support may be required if not initially included.
Copies, clear faxes, and scanned documents sent as e-mail attachments are satisfactory. Unclear copies, faxes, and scans will not be accepted. Send faxes to 1-785-539-0832 and e-mails to:

Contact the MCC Admissions Office with any questions you may have regarding what financial documentation to submit.  We are here to help!

Documents should be submitted in time to allow for required analysis and review and to ensure that the college can provide the student with necessary information and immigration documentation (I-20) to meet the semester starting dates and provide adequate time for students to complete the necessary travel arrangements.

Application deadlines (Delay in meeting these deadlines could eliminate your application from being considered.  All dates are for the correlating month before the beginning of the school year):

Students outside the U.S.
Fall – April 15
Spring – July 15
Summer – January 1

Students inside the U.S.
Fall – June 15
Spring – October 15
Summer – April 1

Health Insurance
Manhattan Christian College requires all students to have health insurance. Health care in the United States is extremely expensive. MCC also recommends that any dependants also be covered by health insurance. If a sponsor or agency does not supply insurance, you can purchase it upon arrival.

Procedures for Applicants with INS Statuses other than F-1
International students holding, or intending to hold, Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) statuses other than F-1 may be admitted into and enroll in College programs. One exception is that accepted applicants who entered the U.S. with a B-1 (business) or B-2 (tourist) visa on or after April 12, 2002, are only allowed to enroll after USCIS grants a change of status to F-1. All international students, regardless of their status, are solely responsible for obeying U.S. laws and maintaining their legal status.

International Students Transferring to Other Schools
All International Students transferring to another school in US need to transfer his/her SEVIS record to the new school. PLEASE MAKE AN APPOINTMENT WITH THE DSO (in the Registrar’s Office) AND BRING AN F-1 TRANSFER OUT FORM ALONG WITH A COPY OF THE ACCEPTANCE LETTER (from your new school) TO THE APPOINTMENT.

International Application | Affidavit of Support | Arrival Information | Tax Information