Assistant Kids Minister
South Rock Christian Church in Derby, Kansas, is seeking a full-time Assistant Kids Minister to be a part of a great team. We are a church in a community made up of families that describes our mission field and our congregation’s makeup. The community of Derby is a growing suburb (Approx. 25,000) of Metro Wichita, which boasts over 500,000 people that we aim to help connect to Jesus. The Assistant Kids Minister’s (AKM) role is to lead children into a dynamic relationship with Christ and equip them to grow and serve. As such, the AKM is responsible for helping provide leadership/development to Preschool and Elementary volunteers, providing developmentally appropriate curriculum and programs. The AKM helps oversee all ministries for children (birth – 5th grade). Derby has outstanding schools and is a great place for families. The job includes a competitive salary, health insurance, and retirement benefits.
South Rock Christian Church exists to help people find and follow Jesus.
The role of the Assistant Kids Minister (AKM) is to lead children into a dynamic relationship with Christ and equip them to grow and serve. As such, the AKM is responsible for helping provide leadership/development to Preschool and Elementary volunteers, providing developmentally appropriate curriculum and programs. The AKM helps oversee all ministries for children (birth – 5th grade).
Little Kids Rock Coordinator
- A Bachelor’s degree in ministry
- Help develop a clearly defined vision and strategy for discipleship within the Kids Ministry that works in conjunction with the overall vision and ministry of South Rock Christian Church.
- Build and develop the KM Leadership Team, which consists of key committed and gifted volunteers.
- Lead, recruit, train, and develop volunteers.
- Develop and implement strategy for whole-family discipleship; working with families to equip and empower parents/families to disciple their children.
- Provide assistance in the oversight and planning for all aspects of KM programming, including:
- Weekend Kids Worship
- Age specific programming
- Midweek programming
- Specialized Classes
- Outreach events
- Family events/programming
- Volunteer Appreciation
- Vacation Bible School
- Camps and retreats
- Curriculum selection/development for all programming
- Provide input to the Kids Ministry budget and help develop the budgetary needs for upcoming years.
- Provide shared oversight and partnership with our preschool programs (Little Kids Rock Preschool & Kids Day In, etc.) by working closely with and developing its leaders and volunteers.
- Schedule all KM volunteers.
- Provide childcare for church wide events.
- Work as a team player with the rest of the ministerial and support staff. This includes making every effort to attend all staff functions (i.e. – staff meetings, retreats, planning sessions, etc.)
- Participate and provide support and leadership (when necessary) in church-wide events, even if they do not directly affect the Kids Ministry (Discovering South Rock, Great Day of Service, National Prayer Day, Senior Thanksgiving Dinner, etc.)
- Share the responsibility of ministerial responsibilities, including, but not limited to:
- Hospital visits
- Leadership at certain events
- New Teacher Luncheon event
- Must have a personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Must demonstrate a high level of trustworthiness, and the ability to maintain strict confidentiality. The wisdom to refrain from indiscriminately sharing information is critical, including, but not limited to social networks and word of mouth.
- Must be able to communicate well, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to set timetables and accomplish them.
- Must display a pleasing public appearance and demeanor. Good people skills are crucial!
- Must be able to adapt to changing requirements and need.
- Must be certified in CPR – will provide training, if needed.
- Must work well in a team environment, with the overall goal of assisting the ministry staff and the congregation in their respective ministries.
- All SRCC staff members are expected to be members of the church, regular attendees, and to support the church financially. They are also expected to volunteer within the ministry of SRC
For questions or to apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
South Rock Christian Church
900 S Rock Rd
Derby, KS 67037
423 total views, 3 views today