Assistant Kids Minister
Job Title: Assistant Kids Minister- South Rock Christian Church
- Leading kids into a dynamic relationship with Christ and equipping them to grow and serve.
- Creating an environment encouraging families to create a discipleship focus in their homes.
- Assist in overseeing all ministries for children: birth – 5th grade (emphasis on Nursery Ministry).
Reports to: Kids Minister, all staff is under the direct leadership of the Senior Minister & Elders. Status: Permanent Full-time Position (40 hours per week)
Measurable Criteria Requested: While there are not specific education requirements for the selection of this position, a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in the field of Education, Early Childhood Development, Christian Education, or Children’s Ministry is preferred.
- Agreement with SRCC’s vision, goals, and statement of faith.
The following observable qualifications are valued:
- A personal, active, and growing personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
- Spend time in prayer to be in tune with God’s plan for your ministry.
- Displays mature spiritual leadership with a servant’s heart.
- Has an “extra mile” mentality.
- Has a passion for children and families.
- Personable, friendly, warm and approachable.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintain strong marriage and family connections.
Church Ministry Team Responsibilities:
- Pray continually for children, parents, staff, community and the lost.
- Attendance expected at various churchwide activities in addition to weekend services.
- Regular meetings, communication, prayer, and encouragement will be expected in an effort to build relationships within the staff and church leadership to work as a team. The Kids ministry is one part of the overall ministry of SRCC. The Assistant Kids Minister should support the overall ministries of SRCC while serving primarily in the area of Kids Ministry. Additional responsibilities may include: evangelistic efforts, shepherding responsibilities, hospital calls, teaching, counseling, and supporting other ministries when needed, etc..
Kids Ministry Position Responsibilities: Develop and lead others effectively through the purposes and vision of Kids Ministry at SRCC.
- Partner in creating environments, curriculum and programs for each age group that will facilitate learning and encourage spiritual growth for children and their families through through weekend services, various activities and events; providing opportunities for worship, fellowship, service, and evangelism.
- Assist in recruiting, training, scheduling, leading and encouraging teams of volunteers.
- Collaborate with the Kids Ministry Team for overall effective ministry planning.
- Coordinate and maintain nursery volunteer teams, resources and supplies.
- Oversee Child Dedication event and weekend, with classes describing its purpose.
- Plan and oversee special events such as VBS, Child Dedication, playgroups, etc.
- Ensure thorough and efficient communication with parents and volunteers regarding updates, and curriculum details, via newsletter, flyers and social media as well as prompt replies to emails, voicemails and mail received.
This job description may include other duties as assigned by the Kids Minister and Senior Minister which are consistent with the general requirements and qualifications of the position.
Interested applicants shall submit a resume and include references prior to February 24, 2020.
May be contacted by a member of the hiring team and asked to complete follow up steps for more information and further inquiry.
South Rock Christian Church
900 S Rock Road
Derby Kansas 67037
316-788-5503 ext. 108
1,695 total views, 3 views today