Associate Minister – Minister of Discipleship and Shepherding
Adrian Christian Church is continuing to grow and is averaging around 225 in attendance. We are seeking someone with a heart for people and a passion to grow disciples. We value someone who has the following qualities: Provide leadership and encouragement to help people grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ and to get plugged into the Church body until they reach spiritual maturity.
- Born again Christian who feels a call by God into ministry.
- Degree from an Independent Christian Church College.
- Positive relational skills are required.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills. Ability to build and lead volunteer teams.
This position is accountable to the Elders.
Be the First Line of Connection to the Church
- Help secure and train greeters with the team leader.
- Ensure guests receive follow-up after their visit.
- Develop further ways to welcome guests and connect with them.
Lead and Develop a Discipleship Path for People
- Evaluate the needs of our congregation and its individuals.
- Development of a comprehensive discipleship plan.
- Train leaders for these various small groups.
- Acquire needed materials for groups.
Assist in the Area of our Ministry Teams.
- Teach part of the Membership Class.
- Help with follow-up to the membership class – enlisting people in ministry.
- Recruit and train leaders as needed.
Work with Elders in the Area of Shepherding for our Members
- Help track people’s attendance and follow up with people missing for extended periods.
- Continually relaying information to our elders.
- Learn Servant Keeper program and use as needed.
- Hospital visits and nursing home as needed.
- Perform and/or help with funerals as needed.
General Ministry Responsibilities
- Develop personal walk with Jesus.
- Attend staff meetings and monthly leadership meetings.
- Preach in Minister’s absence or secure a preacher for those Sundays.
- Assist preacher in development of future plans.
- Offer minimal counseling and refer to alternative assistance.
- Assist in development of Policy manual for optimum performance.
- Maintain a servant’s heart and assist where needed when it is required.
Adrian Christian Church
1200 North Old Highway 71
PO Box 66
Adrian, MO 64720
For more information or to apply, contact Ike Whitaker email@example.com
399 total views, 12 views today