Associate Minister of Youth and Worship
Life in Whiting
Whiting is a town nestled along I-29 on Iowa’s western edge, near the Loess Hills. It is a community built on generations of rich farming tradition. It serves many people as a “bedroom” community with many driving to Sioux City, Onawa, or Sergeant Bluff to work. Need a loaf of bread or gallon of milk, you will find them at a town favorite, “Kirby’s” Convenient Store. Need a night out with a movie and restaurant, you will be there in a quick ½ hour drive to Sioux City.
Whiting offers families at least three different school districts. There is the local Whiting School, West Monona Schools in Onawa (10 miles south), and Westwood Community Schools in Sloan (8 miles north). Students enrolled in high school will find opportunities for sports, clubs, groups, and academic advancement.
The difference in Whiting is not its size, but its amazing people. You will find friendly, gracious, and hard-working people who love where they live.
Whiting Christian Church is seeking an associat minister, ready and excited to engage Western Iowa for Christ.
- Accountable to: To the Lead Minister and the elders.
- Accountable for: Youth (grades 7-12) and Worship ministries
- The Role
- Weekly teaching and oversight of junior and senior high student ministries.
- Organizing and planning of events.
- Involvement with the local church camp.
- Building relationships and investing in the lives of local teens.
- Planning and leading corporate worship on Sunday mornings.
- Scheduling and coordinating with members of the band.
- Coordinating elements of the service with the lead minister.
- Identifying and mentoring new musicians to include.
- The Candidate
- The ideal candidate will have a heart for discipling teenagers and investing in their lives in meaningful ways. This candidate must also possess the needed skills to lead in corporate worship. This candidate’s vision must align with WCC’s of goal of helping people find and follow Jesus.
- Build trusting relationships with volunteers, ministry staff and leadership.
- Work well with others in a team environment.
- Teach relevant, Biblical message weekly.
- Messages should be tied strongly to God’s Word.
- Messages should demonstrate with application to daily living.
- Strive to live a life in a way that mirrors the character of Christ.
- Participate in a variety of events/activities sponsored by the church.
- The candidate must have at least a B.A. degree preferably from an accredited Christian College/University.
- The ideal candidate will have proven experience working with youth and worship ministries.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in teaching God’s Word in a practical manner.
- Growing in relationship with Jesus.
- Knows and understands their gifting. Must recognize their strengths and weaknesses and work hard to obey God’s calling.
- Have a heart for people who need to hear from God.
- Should be humble and accessible to people.
- Able to develop and mentor others in the goal of identifying and expressing their own God given gifts.
- Can laugh at themselves when appropriate and enjoys having fun!
Whiting Christian Church
716 West St.
Whiting, IA 51063