Associate Pastor for Youth and Children’s Ministry
First Christian Church of El Dorado, KS is a family of believers in central Kansas. We are committed to worshiping the God of the Bible, reaching people for His kingdom, and promoting discipleship. Our motto is to Come, Grow, and Go. Our desire is to create an environment where people can come seek out God in a welcoming environment, grow in their faith and knowledge of Jesus Christ, and go out in to their world to reach others with the love of Christ and the truth of His Word. The congregation is enthusiastic, loving, and supportive.
Pastor of Children and Youth Ministries
STATUS: Full or Part-time, Salaried
HOURS: Up to 40 hours per week to include all day Sunday and Wednesday programs plus planning and prep time as required.
SALARY: Up to $30,000/year*
MATERIALS & ACTIVITIES BUDGET:
General Purpose of Position:
Make young disciples for Christ by directing Children’s and Youth Ministry Programs that enhance the overall ministries of the FCC.
Organizational Relationship and Supervision:
The Youth Minister will be under the guidance and of the Senior Pastor and report to Elders regarding monthly activities and plans. Board and Elder approval for large budget items is generally required. An annual review will be implemented by the senior pastor, and members of elders and board.
- Oversee the planning, development, and implementation of Kids ministry including Children’s Church Service, Sunday School and other programs which will help grow our kids and our church.
- Plan, develop, and implement a balanced Jr. & Sr. High youth ministry. This will include aspects of outreach, discipleship, and leader development. It will also include running a youth ministry program on Wednesday or Sunday evening.
- Recruit and train volunteers in the areas of Children’s Ministry and Youth Ministry to ensure adequate volunteer support and adult to youth ratios
- Keep records of youth participation and manage the youth ministry budget
- Communicate activities in a timely and effective manner using all available resources (Facebook, email, website, bulletin boards, etc.)
- Complete monthly report
- Attend staff and board meetings
- Maintain adequate sponsor / student ratio in all youth ministry settings
- Assist in the overall mission of the church by being involved in ministries, programs, and events as needed
- Teach biblical truths in keeping with Christian church doctrine
- Supply preach as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Committed Christian actively growing in a relationship with Jesus Christ
- Student or graduate of a school of ministry or equivalent training of some type.
- Self-motivated and committed to professional church ministry
- Thrives in a team environment and able to work with pastoral staff, elders, board, and church board members
- Supportive of the philosophy of ministry at First Christian Church
- Ability to relate to youth and gifted in Youth Ministry and Education
- Effective communicator and organizer who can recruit and delegate
- Knowledge of Youth Ministry and Christian Education concepts and methods
- Willing to learn and receive additional training to increase skills in ministry
- Ability to invest in our congregation
*This position requires a minimum 1-year commitment. Applicants must be willing to submit to a background check. When applying, please supply references, work history, and a letter of recommendation from your current Pastor or similar.
APPLICATIONS DUE BY June 1, 2022
First Christian Church
300 West Central
El Dorado, KS 67042
771 total views, 3 views today