Associate Pastor of Discipleship (emphasis student ministries)
Title: Associate Pastor of Discipleship (emphasis in student ministries)
Mission: To win people to Christ.
Purpose: To instruct, shepherd, and inspire students to follow Jesus for a lifetime.
Overview: Through intentional shepherding and instruction in the scriptures, this position will also lead and inspire students to follow Jesus for a lifetime.
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Oversight By: Elders
Classification: This is a FULL-TIME salaried position. 2 weeks paid vacation and 3 weeks paid vacation after 5 years. Yearly salary reviews.
- A mature, baptized believer in Jesus Christ who exhibits Christ-like characteristics in everyday life.
- Can, without hesitation, support the doctrines, values, and mission of First Christian Church.
- Leadership skills to lead a team of ministry volunteers.
- A desire to lead students into an authentic relationship with Christ.
- Adequate biblical knowledge to instruct those under your care.
Description of Duties: Students
- Incorporate youth meeting into the Wednesday night ministry of FCC.
- Plan youth meetings for each Wednesday night – activities, and biblical teaching time – sound biblical teaching to our students is an absolute must.
- Monthly communication with parents of jr/sr. high students.
- Oversee and manage budget for youth. Organizational meeting with parents bi-annually.
- Keeping parents up to date about activities and what their students are being taught.
- Lead all other activities for youth, summer camp, regional youth meeting, mission trips.
- Participate is school activities when applicable – be known in our community and especially with our students.
- Updated Resume.
- Three refernces.
- Personal Testimony of conversion to Christ.
- Philosophies of student ministry.
About Wheatland and First Christian Church. FCC is located in Wheatland, Wyoming. The town of Wheatland is rooted in agriculture with both working farms and ranches in the area. Laramie Peak is west of town, and provides many recreational opportunities. Wheatland is a rural community with a population of 3,500 in town and approximate 10,000 in Platte County. FCC is a growing congregation that had an average attendance in 2017 of 83. It’s average attendance now hovers around 125. The church facility is dated, but there are plans in place to do a complete renovation of the facility that will allow for doubling the size of the sanctuary, re-working the children’s ministry area, and increasing sq. footage in the fellowship hall. FCC is poised to take the next step and we pray for the right man to come alongside us to help us take that step.
First Christian Church
95 19th St
Wheatland, WY 82201
Inquiries please contact Casey Schroeder 307-322-3132, email@example.com To apply, email the above requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Job Title: Associate Pastor of Disciples in subject line.
132 total views, 6 views today