Associate Pastor of Family Ministries
Westshore Christian Church is a non-denominational independent Christian Church affiliated with the Restoration Movement. We are a healthy church of approximately 100 members and regular attenders located in beautiful Holland, MI, seeking a full time Associate Pastor of Family Ministries.
The primary responsibility of the Associate Pastor of Family Ministries is to oversee the spiritual needs of the Youth and Family Ministries.
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Responsibilities – Youth Ministry:
- Responsible for all aspects of ensuring the spiritual growth and development of students grades 6 through 12 and college age Students. This includes leadership of weekly programs and periodic special events (camps, conferences, trips, service projects, etc.).
- Provide overall theological direction in accordance with the beliefs of WCC.
- Develop student and adult youth leaders.
- Model strong and relational Christian leadership to the youth of the church.
- Create and lead ministry programs that resonate with the college-aged and young adult community.
- The Family Ministries Pastor will work in cooperation with the Pastor and elders in ministering to the student’s family as we strive to build within our church family strong marriages, parent-child relationships and families who love God.
- Responsible for the preparation and supervision of the Youth Ministry Budget. The Family Ministries Pastor will also lead the creative use and proactive upkeep of Youth Ministry rooms and resources.
Responsibilities – Family Ministries:
- Further develop a fully realized Family Ministry program to include:
- Develop and Support the Children’s Ministry, Volunteer staff, and Families.
- Selecting curriculum and developing and leading programs and events that help us accomplish the vision for family ministry.
- Collaborate with the Senior Pastor in developing an effective vision, philosophy and strategy for family ministry.
- Meet with and report to Senior Pastor and WCC Elders.
- Carry out other Pastoral duties as required in the life of the church as determined by the Senior Pastor.
- Ability to preach during Sunday services as needed or determined by the Senior Pastor.
- To assist, when able, the Senior Pastor with visitation of members and prospective members.
- Programs and ministries should be coordinated with the Senior Pastor.
- All staff members should plan to participate in church wide events and lend their assistance and support to the total church program.
Attributes for the position include:
- A driving passion for leading children, youth and families into a fully devoted relationship with Jesus Christ.
- A positive, outgoing personality who enjoys building and leading teams.
- An effective multi-tasker with a self-motivated work style.
- A solid track record of consistently planning, communicating and following through.
- Prayerful in disposition and gentle and humble in character.
- Able to organize and coordinate services and events
- Effective in planning & time management
- Ability to communicate effectively with WCC Staff & Parents
The Family Ministries Pastor is to set an example of spiritual maturity and personal health. He is to maintain a healthy marriage and family life, and exhibit financial soundness.
- Must be a Baptized (immersed) Believer.
- Meet Elder qualifications of 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- Fully believes and supports the entire Bible as God’s Word.
- Fully understands and supports the Restoration Movement as it relates to and is faithful to Scripture.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from a Bible College or Seminary (Restoration Movement).
- Passionately embody God’s Word through daily living, exhibiting a good moral character and practicing regular Spiritual disciplines.
- Be a skilled and passionate Bible based teacher.
- Maintain relational, spiritual, and professional trust with other elders and staff.
- 5 years of ministry experience in a Restoration Movement Church.
- Degree in Bible/Theology/Youth or related field.
- Must possess good written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in technology associated with teaching, preaching and outreach.
- Proficient in Social Media.
- Have good interpersonal dynamics to work with other staff.
Personal Growth and Renewal:
- He gives great attention to his own personal walk with Jesus and displays noticeable evidences of spiritual authenticity.
- He emulates the life of Jesus and the students can see Jesus in the way he lives his life.
- He has built accountability safeguards into his life.
Westshore Christian Church
3062 120th Ave
Holland, MI 49424
If you are qualified and would like to learn more, please forward a cover page, resume and video samples of teaching or preaching to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
1,668 total views, 3 views today