Associate Pastor of Worship and Youth
Grace Community Church is a non-denominational evangelical church in rural Kansas. Click here to see who we are: Who We Are
Grace Community Church is seeking a man of God who will work alongside the senior pastor in shepherding God’s people. The Associate Pastor of Worship and Youth is responsible for developing and leading 1) the worship ministry, 2) the youth/young adult ministry, and 3) assisting with general pastoral duties.
- Participate in shepherding the church through visitation, biblical counseling, personal discipleship, and prayer.
- Attend monthly and weekly meetings, interfacing with pastor(s), elders, other church staff, and congregants.
- Participate in church outreach and evangelism.
- Work with pastoral staff to guide planning for weekly worship as well as seasonal services and special events.
- Direct and lead the worship ministry including recruitment and pastoral care for its members.
- Work with Children’s Ministry Director to help create a thought-out discipleship path for the youth of the church (primarily k-12).
- Direct and lead volunteer youth worker team including recruitment and pastoral care for its members.
- Lead youth services, Bible studies, and various special activities (like youth camp) according to the discipleship plan/path.
- Occasionally participate in the ministry of the word and sacrament so other pastoral staff can sit under sound preaching throughout the year.
- As necessary lead Bible studies and participate in funerals, weddings, and other Christian rites or duties that may be required for the health of the church.
Hours and Compensation
- The position is full-time. Salary will be discussed after the position is offered to the candidate. Education and experience will be considered.
- Two weeks of vacation.
- Regular hours include Sundays (evening and mornings), plus meetings, rehearsals, and visitation that are often in the evening.
- The Associate Pastor must be sensitive towards special seasons of the Christian calendar concerning vacation and extended hours.
- The requirements for a faithful pastor as stated in 1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9; Acts 20:17-35; 1 Peter 5:1-11.
- Musically proficient – vocals are necessary.
- An advocate of worship styles ranging from liturgical to contemporary, and multicultural worship music.
- Is willing to lead and able to receive criticism with grace while standing true to our Christian faith despite the ever-changing culture around us.
- Is agreeable to Grace Community Church Statement of Faith and Membership Covenant.
- Education and previous church service are taken into consideration.
Required to Learn
- How to operate our sound booth (sound and light equipment).
- EasyWorship (software)
Grace Community Church
310 E 8th St
Overbrook, KS 66524
To apply please send resume to Adam Johns firstname.lastname@example.org. Further instructions for the candidate will be provided.