Associate Student Worship Pastor
(1 Year Resident Intern, with hopes of full time position after residency)
GENERAL FUNCTION: This full-time, 1 year resident position will work closely with the Student Pastor in leading, developing and conducting Student Ministry programs and initiatives. The ideal candidate will have a heart for creating safe environments, enabling students at every level of the spiritual spectrum to take steps forward on their journey with Jesus. The primary role will be in overseeing worship within the Student Ministry (5th-12th grade). The top priority is the creation, implementation and maintenance of Student worship teams and creating community, culture, and trust among those teams. Additionally, this position will serve as associate Student Ministry Pastor assisting in the oversight of volunteers and teaching. The ideal candidate possesses leadership, pastoral, and relational gifts and have a deep desire to grow in those gifts.
PROFILE OF CHARACTER:
Commitment to Christ Theologically sound and Biblically faithful Excellent communication skills including:
○ Effective listening Committed to a culture of doing ministry as a team Dedicated to discipling others High moral and ethical character reflected in behavior and decision making
STUDENT WORSHIP PASTOR ROLE (60-70% of time)
Develop, in conjunction with Student Pastor, appropriate weekly worship service themes and plans Leading/facilitate worship at key student ministry gatherings for Middle School and High School Develop creative elements to reinforce the ideas and concepts presented in the sermon/lesson Create effective transitions between songs/service elements, keeping engagement high Lead and oversee rehearsals for Student Ministry worship teams Recruit and develop musicians and volunteers for the Student Ministry worship teams
ASSOCIATE STUDENT MINISTRY ROLE (30-40% of time)
Participate in the ongoing development of vision and strategic plan for the ministry’s growth Partner with Student Pastor in the coordination and execution of the primary gatherings for Middle School and High School ministries (may include: leading games, announcements, behind the scenes tasks, etc.) Participate in the teaching rotation for both Middle School and High School with engaging and relevant teaching. Aid in the recruitment, training and nurturing of volunteer leaders. Assist and lead the Planning and implementation of programs, events & retreats
www.PikesPeakChristian.org 4955 Bradley Rd, Colorado Springs, CO 80911
REPORTING The relationship between the Student Pastor and the Associate Student Pastor is extremely important to the growth and development of the Student Ministry. The Associate Student Pastor and Student Pastor will meet weekly to review and plan weekly programs as well as the future plans, dreams, and vision for the direction of the Student Ministry. The Associate Student Pastor will act as a trusted and available presence at weekly worship, youth events, and youth trips. The Associate Student Pastor will take his/her primary direction from, and report to, the Student Pastor.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field (or in final stages of finishing bachelor’s degree)
- Basic administrative skills
- Proven experience in and a passion for youth ministry
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience leading worship musically and vocally
- Working knowledge of sound and media technology
- Experience leading a youth service
PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time and type or use a computer.
- Ability to handle high pressure and time sensitive situations with grace and integrity.
- Ability to lead others and communicate effectively to students, parents, and volunteers.
- Ability to have flexible hours to meet the demands of the ministry.
- Active, growing, and consistent relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Member of Pikes Peak Christian Church.
- Represent NextGen Ministries well to our church staff, elders, and congregation.
- Be responsible with the church’s resources
- Demonstrate professional integrity within the church and community
- Maintain confidentiality, and always striving to treasure people like God does
Interested Applicants can send a resume and/or questions about the position to Pastor Dustin Fisher: Dustin@ppcc.church (719) 392-9061 x123
Pikes Peak Christian Church
4955 Bradley Rd, Colorado Springs, CO 80911
1,500 total views, 4 views today