Children’s Minister Job Description
To provide the chief visionary leadership and oversight of the Children’s Ministry (Birth-5th Grade)
Reports to: Senior Minister
- Develop a clearly defined vision and strategy for discipleship and outreach within the Children’s Ministry that works in conjunction with the overall mission, vision, and values of FCC DC.
- Build and develop the Children’s Ministry Volunteer Team, which consists of committed, gifted, and willing volunteers.
- Lead, recruit, train, and develop volunteers for the Children’s Ministry.
- In cooperation with the Student Minister, develop and implement strategy for whole-family discipleship; working with families to equip and empower parents/families to disciple their children.
- Provide oversight and planning for all areas of Children’s Ministry programming including:
- Sunday School
- Kidzone (Sunday Morning Worship)
- FCC Kids Midweek (Wednesday Night Program)
- Outreach Events
- Family events
- Summer Camp
- Curriculum decisions
- Provide oversight of Children’s Ministry budget (AFN) and planning for the following year(s).
- Provide oversight of and involvement with Birth-2 (Early Childhood Ministry) as well as the Special Needs Ministry.
- Serve as a direct report to Early Childhood Coordinator
- Work as a team player with the rest of the ministerial team (leadership, staff, and volunteers). Work and serve in a manner that aligns with being an Ideal Team Player (hungry, humble, people smart.)
- Participate in regularly scheduled meetings, activities, and events.
- Actively participate in an FCC Life Group
- Share in other ministerial responsibilities, including, but not limited to:
- Pastoral care (hospital/home visits)
- Communication (clear and constant)
- Hunger (constantly seeking growth in all areas)
- People Smart (people skills, tact)
First Christian Church
711 5th Ave,
Dodge City, KS 67801
186 total views, 3 views today