Children’s Minister/ Director
CHEROKEE HILLS CHRISTIAN CHURCH
The position of Children’s Minister for Cherokee Hills Christian Church is to provide strategic oversight for the spiritual growth and development of children from infancy through 5th grade. This individual should be passionate about reaching the lost for Christ and supporting parents in leading their children to a growing relationship with Him. This individual must bring vision for the Children’s Ministry that excites children, parents, and the congregation. They must be willing to work in a team environment with Church Elders, Staff and Children’s Ministry volunteers.
This position reports to Lead Minister of Cherokee Hills Christian Church, but works in collaboration with all church staff.
- A proven track record with recruiting, training and deploying teams of volunteers to serve the families and children of CHCC
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; Paid staff experience preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work positively in a team-based environment
- Understanding and willingness to reach for a high standard of excellence
- Ability to lead needed change in the context of a team based environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects and processes together
- Must be a self–starter who is willing to develop
- A strategic vision for children and their parents
- Teams of volunteers
- Must have strong computer skills that will support organization of Children’s Ministry
- Ability to delegate and lead teams as necessary
- Understands the need for confidentiality within the church setting
- Committed to the mission and beliefs of CHCC and the Independent Christian Church
- Professes Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Commitment to personal spiritual growth
- Considers the position a mission or ministry and not just a job
- Models standards and expectations of the Leadership Expectations of CHCC. This includes financially contributing to the mission of the church.
CHEROKEE HILLS CHRISTIAN CHURCH RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accommodates individual needs and requests in a timely, positive and professional manner and is willing to assist with other duties as assigned by supervisor to further the work of Christ in our community and around the world
- Maintains a productive and harmonious working relationship with all staff members and church members
- Participates and contributes in team meetings, all church activities and other project work as needed
- Oversee the ministries and programs provided for children from infancy through 5th grade with a primary focus of working closely with the Children’s Ministry Team and current volunteers
- Organize and lead a Vacation Bible School type program for children each summer
- Develop strategies that will guide children to worship God, connect to others and serve the Kingdom of God and the community
- Coordinate efforts to connect with children who express a desire to commit their lives to Jesus
- Promote special events such as Super Start, Church Camps and other occasional children’s events. Additionally this person should be able to recruit adult volunteers to help “sponsor” these events.
- Prepare yearly goals and budget for the Children’s Ministry and be responsible for their implementation
- Oversee regularly scheduled Children’s Ministry Team Meetings, and planning meetings with those involved in the Children’s Ministry
- Recruit new volunteers to partner in ministry to Children.
- Provide ongoing training for all volunteers
- Have a strategy to ensure team member applications and background checks are completed
- Develop a feedback process in which parents and volunteers can assess the growth of the programs implemented
- Be involved with church-wide initiatives to provide leadership and be a servant leader as an example to both children and adults in the church.
- Attend and contribute to twice monthly staff meetings
- Assist with other duties as assigned to further the work of Christ in our community and beyond
Cherokee Hills Christian Church
6601 N. MacArthur Blvd,
Oklahoma City Ok. 73132
918-289-5242 or 405-721-5861
1,504 total views, 8 views today