Children’s Ministry Director
The Children’s Ministry Director at Cornerstone Christian Church is a full-time position (40+hours per week) and is responsible for the oversight and leadership of the children’s ministry department ages birth through fifth grade and all children’s ministry volunteers. Our Children’s Ministry is committed to fostering an environment where children feel welcome and safe and where each child can learn and grow. We believe that children play an intricate role in the mission of our church and that developing programs where they learn and serve early is important in their spiritual foundation. The Children’s Ministry Director should be a servant leader who loves children and desires to lead them in developing a personal relationship of their own with Jesus Christ.
Ultimately accountable to God. Reports directly to the Lead Pastor for open communication amongst all staff members.
- Be a committed, immersed Christ-follower.
- Exhibit a Christ-like attitude and a trustworthy character.
- Build relationships with all congregational members.
- Be a servant leader with a passion to grow God’s Kingdom through ministries associated with Cornerstone Christian Church.
- Ability to be flexible and think creatively.
- Understand the importance of confidentiality and professional discernment.
- Ability to work well as part of a team and work effectively in a team setting.
- Have strong communication skills.
- Have a cheerful and positive attitude.
- Have a strong desire to teach and mentor children with patience and an accepting heart.
- Make your family a #1 priority.
- Take and use your day off wisely and effectively.
- Use vacation effectively and wisely.
- Set and meet yearly goals (professionally/personally).
- Having a bachelor’s degree from an accredited Bible college is preferred but not required.
- 2-4 years’ experience minimum in leading children and associated ministries.
Duties/Responsibilities (include but not limited to)
- Oversee all children’s ministry activities.
- Sunday School classes
- Sunday Morning Kid’s worship
- Wednesday evening Kid’s Bible study
- VBS/Summer activities
- Summer camps
- Service projects
- Other ministries yet to be determined.
- Connection with students on a regular basis outside of church activities (e.g., school events, extracurricular events, etc.).
- Recruit, schedule, train, and pray for children’s ministry volunteers.
- Use social media to promote Children’s ministry events/activities.
- Effective stewardship of the annual children’s ministry budget.
- Communicate consistently and effectively with parents/guardians of the children
involved at Cornerstone Christian Church as well as the parents/guardians of visitors.
- Establish and maintain positive and healthy relationships with children and their
- Promote the health and safety of all children and volunteers.
- Keep regular office hours, participate in weekly staff meetings, quarterly Leadership meetings and be generally accessible to the church as a ministry leader.
- Be a self-motivated leader, capable of casting and imparting vision related to the children’s ministry program.
- Foster Community Involvement and maintain an “outreach” focus in all activities.
- Jackson Elementary School partnership
- Bible Club in partnership with Jackson Elementary
- Trunk or Treat
- Other outreach ministries yet to be determined.
- Work in partnership with Youth/Associate Pastor to create and participate in occasional activities with the goal of building relationships.
- Possess situational awareness.
- Other duties as assigned by Lead Pastor.
While employees are asked to serve in a variety of roles, each employee’s duties and responsibilities are primarily religious. An employee must exemplify the moral teachings
of Cornerstone Christian Church. An employee must not teach, advocate, model or in any way encourage beliefs or behaviors that are contrary to the teachings.
Cornerstone Christian Church
5531 E 37th Street North
Wichita, KS 67220
If you have questions, please contact Jason Whyte firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to Jason Whyte.