Bethany Christian Church is a healthy and growing multi-site church, averaging more than 1,600 – in the SW Indiana cities of Washington & Vincennes (only 45 min from Evansville & Bloomington Indiana). We are excited to launch a new location in Fall 2021.
Bethany is passionate about people, making a difference in our communities, & taking over the world for Jesus.
01. Summary of Position:
The Connections Director will be responsible for overseeing the philosophy and execution of ministry surrounding our First Impressions ministry and Discover Bethany. This role will serve at the Washington Campus, but provide influence and oversight to other campuses. The areas of focus for this role will be our First Impressions Ministry along with connecting people to our Discipleship Pathway through Discover Bethany.
02. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in developing the overall vision and philosophy of First Impressions ministry from the website, building, and volunteer culture.
- Oversee and manage volunteer teams including all greeters, ushers, parking lot, Connection Central difference makers, hospitality team, and communion prep and servers.
- Develop a leadership pipeline to invest and raise up difference makers to lead ministry teams and become ministry leads.
- Assist in developing and oversee implementation of our Discipleship Pathway along with monitoring effectiveness and needed adjustments.
- Oversee Connection Central environments along with upkeep of current material and newcomer welcome packet.Discover Bethany
- Oversee our Discover Bethany experience at the Washington campus. This includes the development of facilitators and table leaders at the Washington campus.
- Oversee the workflows in and out of Discover Bethany along with connecting attendees to necessary next steps following Discover Bethany.Central Ministry Leadership
- Be the central ministry lead for our Connections/Host Team. This includes developing the Connections/Host Team ministry frame that will be implemented at all current and future campuses.
- Work alongside your campus counterparts at each campus to troubleshoot, develop and improve the Connections/Host Team ministry frame for each campus.
- Be the central ministry lead for Discover Bethany. This includes developing the Discover Bethany ministry frame that will be implemented at all current and future campuses.
- Work alongside your campus counterparts at each campus to troubleshoot, develop and improve the Discover Bethany ministry frame for each campus.
- Oversee all the central resources needed for Connections and Discover Bethany.Perform other responsibilities as assigned by Direct Report. Bethany Christian Church reserves the right to change job duties at any time. This job description is not designed to cover every job requirement.
- Fully committed follower of Jesus Christ
- Champion of vision, values, and culture of Bethany Christian Church
- Strong interpersonal and people service skills.
- Solution oriented.
- Have the gift of hospitality.
- Desire to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment, but also able to
- Strong problem solving skills.
- High administrative skills with working knowledge of google suite, database
experience, and producing reports.
- Willing and able to adapt to a fast-paced, ever changing environment.
- Ability to convey a positive, professional image.
04. Employment Understanding:
- Agreement to abide by Bethany Christian Church Ministry Team Handbook, Core Values and Beliefs.
- Agreement to conduct self on and off the job in such a way that would honor Jesus Christ and would demonstrate spiritual leadership and being a positive representative of Bethany Christian Church
- Attendance at Ministry Team meetings and department meetings is required
- This person will write semi-annual 6×6 goals ministry goals & action plans, with
oversight of Direct Report
- During non-business hours he or she should be available for emergency work
For job description details: https://bethanycc.net/jobs/
Please submit a resume to email@example.com
Bethany Christian Church
1139 S. State Rd. 57
Washington, IN 47501
1,428 total views, 3 views today