Database & Communication Admin Assistant for Groups & Family
First Christian Church is an imperfect group of people who have plenty of differences—and we love it that way. We’re seekers and followers who have all come to the same realization: God is for everyone, so we are too. Together we seek to follow Jesus and tell the whole world about His love for them.
We say we’re for everyone, and we mean it.
Because of that, we do a lot of different things in different ways. We need a Database & Communications Administrative Assistant for Groups & Family Teams to make sure we are leveraging our database to know who people are and where they are and aren’t connected so that our Groups & Family staff and other ministries can most effectively pastor our congregation and guests and so that our Groups and Family staff stay in communication with people in those ministries. Your role will make a big difference to the church and how our church loves and cares well for children, students, and adults. We need someone who is professional at managing data and communicating information to empower others and provide ministry.
- Be champion and student of the database—always be learning best practices to implement.
- Develop online forms.
- Create lists for certain ministry purposes, including mailing lists and monitoring leader care.
- Groups Specific Task.
- Manage submission of communications requests from Groups staff members, create event tag, and request to Comm. Team.
- Update Groups information on website.
- Support with attendance – Wednesday nights, other groups (home and on campus).
- Support with organizing and maintaining groups tags in Arena.
- Create tags for short term groups and make them inactive before next set.
- Visa reconciliation for Groups Team Leader.
- Do room requests including obtaining set up needs information for the requests.
- Recruit volunteers for teams as needed.
- Family Specific Task.
- Oversee family team communications, including but not limited to: Social Media management, mass email communication, and SMS messaging.
- Partner with larger communications team to produce promotional materials.
- Assist with financial accounts and visa reconciliations.
- Respond to routine telephone, email, and written requests/inquiries.
- Assist staff with details, phone calls, emails, meetings, and text messaging.
- Order supplies as requested.
- Maintain churchwide database by managing best practices for tracking pastoral interactions and attendance.
- Work with communications team and other administrative staff to oversee the production of printed materials, including postcards and bulletins.
- Trips + Events
- Manages Arena publishing and materials.
- Handle all paperwork, forms, and files for CM+SM trips and events.
- Schedules information sessions and team meetings based on pre-set timelines.
- Arranges transportation, lodging, and fun elements.
- Arranges for the purchase of supplies needed for trips and events.
- Partners with welcome team members to follow-up with new children/students and process new children/student information.
- Provide additional administrative support as part of the Administrative Assistant team, including but not limited to:
- Front Reception coverage (answering phones and monitoring doors)
Your Work with Others.
- Support fellow administrative assistants.
- Support the needs of the Groups and Family staff specifically in the areas of database, communications, and people care through information management and tracking.
- Provide assistance to Groups and Family staff members with database-related inquiries.
Bonus Points. (special consideration given to candidates that also have these skills)
- Already know the database we have (Arena).
- Be familiar with using other databases such as ROCK.
- Enjoy troubleshooting and brainstorming ways to meet unique needs related to ministering through maximizing a database.
- Appreciates talking on the phone, emailing, and social media posting.
- This position reports to Office Manager.
- This position is a 40 hour role on the Operations team.
First Christian Church
200 E Mountcastle Dr.
Johnson City, TN 37601
For questions or apply contact Emily Kane, 423-232-5700 or email@example.com
213 total views, 3 views today