The Discipleship Pastor leads our church’s efforts to build biblical community. The Discipleship Pastor will focus on shepherding and developing Life Group ministries.
- Growing relationship with Jesus Christ evidenced by action, attitude, and behavior.
- Ability to effectively communicate the appropriate tools necessary in leading each member of Life Group Ministries; including Small Groups and Young Adults Ministry
- Ability to fully embrace the vision, direction, and guidance of the Lead Pastor.
- Reliable, trustworthy, self-starter, and excellent at following through on details.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Possess the ability to embrace innovation and creativity while adapting to growth and change.
- Possess the ability to use appropriate judgement, discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
- Possess the interpersonal skills & ability to work with diverse personalities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Care for and oversee the church’s Life Group ministry.
- Develop and maintain a small group strategy that aligns with the overall vision of the church.
- Develop and maintain a system of support for Life Group leaders and coaches.
- Establish an ongoing training program for Life group leaders.
- Recruit and train new Life Group leaders and coaches.
- Stay current in best practices for church small group ministry.
- Create a strategy for involving more of the congregation in small group ministries.
- Regularly report to the church’s Executive Pastor and Lead Pastor on the health and growth of the small group system.
- Provide oversight for the church’s gender-specific, interest-specific, and age-specific Life groups, along with the church’s Men’s Ministry
- Review Life Group curriculum for biblical fidelity, ability to engage users, and its fit within the mission and vision of the church. Make recommendations of appropriate curriculum to Life group leaders.
- Be available to preach and teach the Bible when asked.
- Serve as a member of the church’s leadership team.
- Participate in all staff meetings and retreats.
- Reports directly to Lead Pastor but should meet and collaborate with other Pastors or Directors when at all possible.
- Works and collaborates weekly with all areas of Life Group/Men’s Ministry
- This position will ideally support and influence other ministries as needed or desired.
- Willingness to accommodate the requests the Lead Pastor has as it relates to Discipleship Ministry
- Weddings and Funeral participation will be available when needed.
- On Rotation for Hospital Visits
Countryside Christian Church
1919 S. Rock Road
Wichita, KS 67207
1,749 total views, 6 views today