English Teaching Overseas
Wanted: Highly energetic English teachers with a passion for teaching young children
Where: La Marsa, Tunisia, a suburb of Tunis located on the south shore of the Mediterranean Sea
When: September 1, 2019
ClubAnglais is helping meet the burgeoning need for young Tunisians to learn English. Tunisia is making great strides toward rebuilding their nation in the post Arab-Spring era and is charting a positive course for other nations in the region to follow. Tunisians realize that if they want their children to have access to the very best opportunities for higher education and employment in the 21st century, they need to learn English. ClubAnglais offers a preschool program for children ages 11⁄2-5 and after-school clubs for children ages 3-14. ClubAnglais also offers intensive English summer camps.
Job Description ClubAnglais is looking for highly energetic English teachers with a passion for teaching young children. Our programs begin with an English immersion preschool for children ages 18 months through 5 years. For children ages 3-14 we teach English through after-school clubs using fun, engaging activities such as sports, games, music, art and drama. Behind every activity is a language acquisition curriculum based on best practice in immersion education.
Our English teachers are responsible for all aspects of the teaching process: lesson planning, preparation, implementation, and assessment. Although we have some off-the-shelf curriculum, we developed most of our curriculum ourselves. A full-time teaching load consists of 20 contact hours per week.
Why Teach at ClubAnglais? ClubAnglais is teaching English to Tunisian children during an exciting and important time in Tunisia’s history, when Tunisia is opening itself up to the world in new and fresh ways. Teachers at ClubAnglais will have an opportunity to address the compelling need parents feel for their children to learn English in this new era. This is also an exciting opportunity for our teachers to make a lasting impact in Tunisia. As we live out our values in a tight-knit community we play a vital role in seeing lives transformed forever.
• Bachelor’s degree required. A degree in elementary education, early childhood or ESL/EFL is preferable. Training or background in immersion education is highly desirable. Any sort of teaching experience is greatly valued.
• Passion for, and experience working with small children (e.g. preschool, daycare, kindergarten, elementary school, summer camps, Sunday school).
• Lots of energy and enthusiasm.
• Native English speaker. No foreign language is required, but French or Arabic would be beneficial.
• Application Deadline: May 1, 2019
• On-site orientation: September 1, 2019
• Programs begin: September 17, 2019
• Minimum commitment: 10 months
Teachers will be paid a local salary sufficient for covering living expenses in Tunisia.
For more information on how to apply please send an email to email@example.com
3 Avennue Farhat Hached
La Marsa,Tunisia 2070
2,223 total views, 12 views today