First Christian Church is an imperfect group of people who have plenty of differences—and we love it that way. We’re seekers and followers who have all come to the same realization: God is for everyone, so we are too. Together we seek to follow Jesus and tell the whole world about His love for them.
We say we’re for everyone, and we mean it.
Our staff team works creatively to minister to people in all life stages, going to great lengths to make God’s love known to them. Our Executive Assistant is someone who’s ready to sweat the details so others don’t have to, enabling staff to pour themselves into their specific ministries. This position is critical to keeping things organized and running smoothly behind the scenes.
The ideal candidate is friendly and intuitive. Someone who lets nothing fall through the cracks and accommodates changes with ease. They’re flexible and able to look ahead to anticipate the needs of others, but also have situational awareness to step into the needs of the moment.
This position is for a true professional in administrative tasks, verbal and written communication, and leading an administrative team to support the ministries of the church.
This role works closely with our Senior and Executive Ministers, facilitating details and ensuring they are set up to be as effective as possible. This position is vital to FCC’s ministry and ultimately our ability to care for the congregation.
- Support the Senior & Executive Ministers, including but not limited to: o Coordinate schedules including meeting scheduling
- Assist with verbal and written correspondence
- Make travel arrangements and prepare itineraries
- Order resources and reconcile credit card transactions
- Take minutes at All Staff Meetings and as needed
- Update regular and annual documents including Elders roster and employee handbook with information provided from Executive Minister
- Generate monthly attendance and new member update for Elders agendas o Provide event support for meetings and activities including Sr or Exec Ministers
- Manage the Office, including but not limited to:
- Coordinate, equip, and encourage administrative staff
- Manage Microsoft Teams
- Submit IT requests
- Assist with staff fun efforts
- Staff onboarding updates and training
- Provide training on office machines
- Ensure office is supplied and tidy
Your Work with Others.
We’re a dedicated staff team and are all partners in what’s happening at FCC, so we work in unison and always have each other’s back. Your role within the team looks like this:
- Provide administrative support for staff teams
- Maintain regular communication with Staff Leadership Team to stay aware of support needs across the staff teams
- Partner with other Operations team members for effective ministry across the Operations Team, including Business and Facility Team members
- Train staff for Microsoft Teams integration
Preferred Qualifications(special consideration given to candidates with these skills)
- Previous experience as an administrative assistant for at least two years • Proven experience handling sensitive information with great care and trustworthiness • Confident communicating via phone
- Relishes a challenge
- Has a passion for administration and loves supporting the ministries of others Additional Information.
- This position reports to the Executive Minister.
- This position is a full-time role that serves on the Operations Team.
First Christian Church
200 E. Mountcastle Dr.
Johnson City, TN 37601
2,385 total views, 27 views today