High School Ministry Resident
First Christian Church is an imperfect group of people who have plenty of differences—and we love it that way. We’re seekers and followers who have all come to the same realization: God is for everyone, so we are too. Together we seek to follow Jesus and tell the whole world about His love for them.
We say we’re for everyone, and we mean it.
High School Students are a core piece of the community at FCC, and we work hard to get them ready for action. We need a High School Ministry Resident to make sure we’re serving parents and mobilizing high school (9th-12th grade) students for mission. Your role will work with the larger Family Team to develop teaching content, organize trips and events, and assemble resources that send students out as missionaries. The High School Ministry Resident also resources leaders and parents with discipleship tools, counseling resources, and through advocacy.
- The High School Ministry Resident partners with the Student Minister to provide pastoral care (presence, counseling, counseling referrals, resources) for students and families that are navigating adolescence and facing crisis moments.
- The High School Ministry Resident partners with parents as they disciple their high school student(s). The High School Minister does this by advocating for parents, connecting parents to resources, and creating opportunities for high school students to be mobilized for mission.
- The High School Ministry Resident partners with the student minister to equip, train, and minister to the High School Ministry leader team by providing vision, content, leadership resources and practical support.
Your Work with Others.
- The High School Ministry Resident partners with the larger Family Ministry team to develop and coordinate relevant and strategic events that move the larger mission of FCC’s Family Ministry forward.
- The High School Ministry Resident is responsible for administrative tasks including, but not limited to: meeting participation, timely email and phone communication, and collaboration with the Family Ministry admin.
Bonus Points. (special consideration given to candidates that also have these skills)
- Studying for a career in professional ministry.
- Is excited about the Restoration Movement and its core values.
- Has previous experience with FCC Students.
- This position reports to the Student Minister.
- This position is a part-time role that serves on the Family team.
First Christian Church
200 E. Mountcastle Dr.
Johnson City, TN 37601
576 total views, 3 views today