High School Pastor
Bethany Christian Church is a healthy and growing multi-site church, averaging more than 1,600 – in the SW Indiana cities of Washington & Vincennes (only 45 min from Evansville & Bloomington Indiana). We are excited to launch a new location in Fall 2021.
Bethany is passionate about people, making a difference in our communities, & taking over the world for Jesus.
01. Summary of Position:
The purpose of a High School Pastor is to partner with parents in guiding their students (9th-12th grade) to know Jesus personally, to love Him passionately, and to grow in obedience to Him so they can become a “fully devoted follower of Christ”.
02. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the Spiritual development of students (9th – 12th grade).
- Plan & implement ministry vision and strategy
- Lead communicator, vision caster, and champion of culture
- Develop and implement a transition plan into High School Ministry and transition out. i.e., Collaboration should exist with Middle School Ministry and Young Adults Pastor(s)
- Schedule recurring retreats, groups, events, promotions, evangelistic opportunities, mission trips, camps and community projects.
- Regularly, recruit, train, encourage, and equip ministry volunteers to help in the spiritual development of students. – i.e., all resources provided for ministry volunteers are expected to be handed out in a timely manner, and the High School Pastor is expected to have all preparations for ministry to be completed before a scheduled event so that volunteers will not be hindered as they help to minister to students.
- Collaborate and work constructively with the Safety & Host Ministry Teams. – i.e., Establish check-in & check-out protocol, emergency response protocol, volunteer background checks, identification of volunteers serving, and other safety and security protocols that will enhance the students well-being and give the parents peace of mind.
- Assist other ministry teams whenever necessary
Perform other responsibilities as assigned by Direct Report. Bethany Christian Church reserves the right to change job duties at any time. This job description is not designed to cover every job requirement.
- Fully committed follower of Jesus Christ
- Champion of vision, values, and culture of Bethany Christian Church
- Ability to work in harmony with other staff members
- Exceptional model of personal integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to convey a positive professional image
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal abilities
- Commitment to learning and developing as a leader
04. Employment Understanding:
- Agreement to abide by Bethany Christian Church Ministry Team Handbook, Core Values and Beliefs.
- Agreement to conduct self on and off the job in such a way that would honor Jesus Christ and would demonstrate spiritual leadership and being a positive representative of Bethany Christian Church
- Attendance at Ministry Team meetings and department meetings is required
- This person will write semi-annual 6×6 goals ministry goals & action plans, with oversight of Direct Report
- During non-business hours he or she should be available for emergency work
For job description details: https://bethanycc.net/jobs/
Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bethany Christian Church
1139 S. State Rd. 57
Washington, IN 47501
1,377 total views, 3 views today