High School Youth Director
Position Title: High School Youth Director
Reports To: Executive PastorLea
Effective Date: Target start date – July, 2022
Status: Full-time, 40 hours
PTO : 18 days + holidays
The High School Director will provide vision, energy, oversight, and daily direction to all aspects of LPC High School Youth Ministry — from ninth through twelfth grade. The High School Youth Director will partner with the Middle School Youth Director, staff, elders and key leaders to implement the vision for LPC High School Youth Ministry and establish the values that will shape the future of ministry to youth/families at Leawood Presbyterian Church. They will provide the atmosphere, training, and resources that will enable parents to be the primary spiritual leaders of their high school aged student(s). Most of all, the High School Youth Director will champion the vision for high school students and families and develop and implement comprehensive ministry programs of care, evangelism, spiritual growth, and service to enable high school students and families will come to KNOW God, GROW in the likeness of Christ, SHOW God’s glory and GO make disciples.
Additionally, the High School Youth Director will participate in a support capacity on the Middle School Youth Ministry Team in partnership with the Middle School Youth Director (most likely through shared teaching on Sunday mornings), will create a relational bridge for eighth grade students and former LPC students when they go away to college, and have primary shepherding care responsibilities for either all male or all female students at Leawood Presbyterian Church (6th grade – 12th grade).
PRIMARY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Outreach – Spend time at local High School and Junior High events, meeting students, building relationships, & taking an interest in the lives of high school students & in the LPC Community. Based on this responsibility, there are times when events will be at nights/weekends.
- Discipleship – Recruit small group leaders who will invest in building a network of age-appropriate Life Groups where high school students can explore Christian faith and grow into mature followers of Jesus together. Small group leaders may be parents, college aged or high school aged youth.
- High School Gathering – Collaboratively lead the weekly Sunday / Thursday High School Youth Ministry, creating a fun & spiritually meaningful environment for students. *Note – LPC utilizes the Orange Curriculum to guide content for all next generation ministries.
- Monthly Events – Plan, organize, communicate, and pull off fun events / trips as catalysts for relationships, a chance to invite new people, and as opportunities to share Christ.
- Leadership Development – Recruit, Train, & Develop leaders to reach & disciple students, including leading LPC’s summer internship program.
- Parent Development – Establish a strong Parents Council to help to teach & encourage parents to be involved in the spiritual growth of their students.
- College Connection – Maintain relationships with students after they graduate from LPC youth ministries, and keep them regularly engaged in the life of LPC as much as possible
- Shepherd – Lead the group of 9th -12th on for High School ministry, and provide shepherding leadership for all young men or young women from 6th-12th grade.
- College Intern Program – develop a formal college intern program to support LPC during summer events and help support the development of the next generation of ministry leaders.
- Committed follower of Jesus Christ. Committed to live by the teachings and principles of Scripture. Involved in Sunday worship, a small group and an active devotional life.
- Support, communicate, and live the Vision, Mission, and Values of LPC.
- Goal-Oriented. Skilled in writing up trimester goals, ensuring these are implemented through discipleship programs & events.
- Ministry experience that includes working closely with high school aged students & families.
- Proven leadership and management skills. Organizational skills for growing, mobilizing, and maintaining a strong and effective team and program.
- Strong relational and team building skills. Works well in a team setting.
- Experience forming broad support teams with adults
- Creative, highly motivated, proactive and innovative.
- Strong communication skills including use of technology and full understanding of social media to reach kids “where they are”.
- Be a Member of LPC, & adherence to the core biblical doctrines of the Reformed tradition.
REQUIREMENTS & EXPECTATIONS
- Experience – Relational ministry experience with high school students required, staff or volunteer church ministry experience preferred.
- Education – Bachelor’s degree required, post-college training preferred (seminary, parachurch, or similar ministry program).
- Staff – Attend weekly staff meetings & weekly Youth Ministry Meetings (team meeting/ one-on-one) led by Executive Pastor. Maintain regular office hours, particularly on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Sundays. Availability & flexibility for ministry evenings & weekends.
- Character – Constructive attitude, genuine humility, spiritual vitality, and teachable character.
- Competence – Resilient flexibility, connections focused, results driven, & God-honoring excellence.
- Chemistry – Relationally intelligent, works collaboratively, and shared commitment to the vision & mission of LPC.
Additional Information about the Mustard Seed Student Ministries House
A blessing incorporated into our strategy of incarnational ministry is the house LPC owns next door to the church (the Mustard Seed). In addition to its beautiful setting on more than 1.6 acres of land in the much-desired suburb of Leawood, it is a recently and completely renovated two-story, three bedroom and two bath home. It is ideal for serendipitous and intentional ministry in the church’s neighborhood. The High School Director will have the option of living in the home and the opportunity to fully utilize this home as a beacon of light in the neighborhood. The home itself is a perfect setting for welcoming students in for Bible studies, game nights, etc. The backyard is perfectly situated for student ministry events, outdoor games, and BBQ’s, oh and spontaneous celebrations of THE SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS–KANSAS CITY CHIEFS!
Pre-Covid Youth Ministries Promo Video: https://vimeo.com/377583467
Leawood Presbyterian Church
2715 W 83rd St.
Leawood, KS 66206
336 total views, 3 views today