Kids Ministry Associate Director
Position Description – Lenexa Campus
Acts as a shepherd to a team of staff and volunteer leaders who act as a guide to the children and families of Westside. The Associate Director becomes the leader to their team encouraging spiritual growth through relationship while also looking for opportunities to connect and partner with parents as primary spiritual leaders in the lives of their children with the potential to participate in ministry at Westside. The Associate Director also casts and carries the vision, mission and strategy of loving Jesus, becoming like Jesus, and sharing Jesus to the ministry team they oversee, implementing curriculum and programming designed by the Curriculum Team.
This position is for the Westside Family Church Lenexa Campus and is a part time but can be a full-time position for the Grade School.
Description of Duties
Lead out vision, mission, and values of Kids Ministry and Westside.
- Champion the Lead Small movement of relationships and the gospel where adults and teenagers continually investing in the lives of the Kid’s Ministry so that every kid is known and loved.
- Oversee master schedule of volunteers (managed by ministry team leaders) for Sunday services.
- Assist in ongoing recruiting efforts for volunteers as well as coordinate with organized kids ministry recruiting efforts.
- Collaborate with the Curriculum Team to ensure spotless environments and effective delivery of curriculum, supplies and resources.
- Champion clear, effective and consistent communication to volunteer coaches and leaders in conjunction with larger Westside and Kids Ministry leadership communication strategies.
- Participate in select church-wide/ministry-wide functions, events and meetings.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Kids Director.
This is a paid part-time position of 28 hours a week, with onsite hours occurring Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday, with margin for occasional offsite time spent with recruitment, scheduling, and relationship building activities and meet-ups.
Qualifications, Skills, Gifts
- A personal and growing commitment to loving Jesus, becoming like Jesus and sharing Jesus.
- Commitment to volunteer ministry.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Candidate must thrive in a team environment and recognize the need for collaboration.
- Candidate must have the ability to develop and lead staff and volunteers who in turn organize and lead the ministry.
- Candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Candidate must be relationally warm and friendly, able to create kind and loving environments for staff, volunteers and families.
- Candidate must be comfortable with computer/web-based technology and a quick learner of new technology.
- Candidate must be highly organized with the ability to troubleshoot, dream big and have a strong eye for detail.
- Willing to live in healthy biblical community with others, modeling what he/she is coaching others to do.
- Currently be a member of Westside Family Church or become a member of Westside within 90 days of employment.
Westside Family Church
8500 Woodsonia Drive
Lenexa, KS 66227
For inquiries please contact Melissa LaGree firstname.lastname@example.org To apply online click Application Form and follow instructions or you can send resume and references to Melissa LaGree, Westside Family Church, 8500 Woodsonia Dr, Lenexa, KS 66227.