Kid’s Ministry Summer Intern
The Riverlawn Kid’s Ministry Summer Intern position is a paid summer internship aimed at fostering the growth and development of someone who is looking to advance the Kingdom through the local church. Within this position, an intern will gain experience in leading, teaching, and coordinating ministry within an atmosphere that is intentional about, and conducive towards, the development of the intern. Working with Riverlawn’s Kid’s Ministry staff, the intern will have the opportunity to use their gifts to plan and lead several events, teach in large and small group settings, attend summer camp, and work closely with the family and associate kid’s pastor. Interns will learn how to work in a multi-staff environment and be able to grow in and utilize administrative skills consistent with ministry. Throughout the summer, interns will also be provided opportunities for further growth and development through several avenues (coaching, books, assessment, etc.). Interested candidates should send a resume or cover letter detailing their interest as well as listing any current or past ministry experiences to email@example.com no later than Monday, March 2nd, 2020.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop Christ-honoring relationships with volunteers and staff.
- Seek to know as many names at Riverlawn as possible by the end of the summer.
- Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings.
- Weekly mentor meetings with the supervising pastor.
- Personal development in exercising spiritual disciplines.
- Attend elders’ meetings as directed by supervising pastor
- Be in attendance for all Sunday worship services and ministry activities for the summer, as directed by supervising pastor.
- Prepare and deliver multiple communion meditations for all three services.
- To learn and develop administrative skills such as creating a calendar, developing a teaching schedule, and planning a ministry budget.
- Shadow staff members to learn about the various ministry functions of the church (including pastoral lunches to hear more about the pastor’s ministry area and be invested in).
- Attend meetings as directed by supervising pastor.
- Learn time management skills consistent to working in a multi-staff ministry environment.
Monday, June 1st, 2020 – Sunday, August 9th, 2020
Riverlawn Christian Church
4243 N. Meridian,
Wichita, KS 67204
200 total views, 4 views today