Freedom Church is a non-denominational church located in Mt. Sterling, KY, which is about a half hour east of Lexington, KY. The church is led by Senior Pastor VP Palmer who planted Freedom Church in 2013. The church currently has one service that is offered at 10:30 am, which has a cutting-edge style of modern worship. Attendance runs around 300 each Sunday for their main worship service. Birth-5th grade can see anywhere between 60-70 kids on a Sunday morning.
Freedom Church exists to lead people to a living relationship with Jesus. They started as a plant in 2013 with just 75 people and have grown significantly in the past nearly nine years. The church has baptized over 150 people and is centered around making disciples. In July 2021, Freedom opened a brand-new state-of-the-art facility that features a modern worship center, cafe, and kids and student environments.
The church is seeking the right candidate to take over as the new Kids Pastor to oversee the vision and direction of their kids ministries. The desire is to see a strong, thriving, fun, and fruitful kids ministry that is gospel-focused with equipped and confident leaders. This position oversees kids 5th grade and below. The right candidate will have a deep personal life in Christ and the character and capacity to develop culture and grow the kids ministry. Below are the requirements and responsibilities Froot Group has identified for this role:
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee and create a thriving kids ministry culture from birth through 5th grade in partnership with the Next Gen Pastor.
- Establish annual ministry goals for Early Childhood and Elementary that are consistent with the overall mission, vision and values of Freedom Church.
- Create a strategic plan to reorganize the ministry (classrooms, volunteer structure, etc.) to fit the long-term vision of the kids ministry set by the Kids Pastor and leadership.
- Coordinate, develop, and raise up volunteers for Sunday mornings.
- Provide administrative leadership for long-range planning, budgeting, and calendar coordination.
- Manage Freedom Kids operations with Planning Center, including regularly scheduling volunteers.
- Oversee and implement a theologically sound curriculum for teaching kids, birth-5th grade, with innovative and grade-appropriate approaches.
- Create and maintain an annual calendar of events, programs, trips, and retreats (i.e., Kindergarten Orientation, summer events, CIY Superstart, etc…).
- Develop Freedom’s pre-teen ministry, Freedom 345, through monthly gatherings.
- Ensure that all volunteers comply with the Safe Spaces Policy, including: screening, background checks, safety training, etc…
- Build relationships with parents/families.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Has a mature and thriving relationship with Jesus.
- Exhibits relational and leadership skills.
- Ease with speaking to groups effectively, projecting joy, creativity and enthusiasm.
- Takes the initiative to execute and is a self-starter.
- Strong relationship skills with a team-player and servant-heart mentality.
- Has a strong passion for kids and families.
- Willingness to use technology to help the church further its ministry goals.
- Ability to engage people of all generations in the ministry of the church.
- Able to work within a budget.
- Experience working with Planning Center Online (or similar church database system).
- Strives for excellence in all they do.
- Minimum of 2 years ministry experience on staff previously at a church in kids ministry is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
Reports to: Next Gen Pastor
644 Maysville Rd
Mount Sterling, KY 40353
To apply, email your resume to Meggan at email@example.com.
For more information, view the FULL CHURCH PROFILE at frootgroup.com/freedomkids.
287 total views, 3 views today