- The pastor’s life and character shall correspond with the scriptural standards set forth in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
- His life and teaching are in agreement with the Mennonite Brethren Confession of Faith.
- He supports the various conference ministries of the Mennonite Brethren Church.
- Preparation and delivery of Sunday sermons for worship services.
- Prayer for the congregation and its ministries.
- Oversee/coordinate congregational services.
- Equip the congregation for ministry to fulfill the purpose of the church.
- Serve as spiritual leader of the congregation.
- Serve as an ex-officio member of the Board of Elders with full voting rights.
- Give pastoral input to the Discipleship, Shepherds, Evangelism & Outreach, Hospitality, Music & Worship, and Stewardship ministry teams.
- Give pastoral leadership to other church ministries such as Life Groups, small group Bible study, men’s ministry, women’s ministry.
- Attend Mennonite Brethren Conference gatherings.
- Church staff responsibilities according to Personnel Policies.
- Submit content for publications, website and social media.
- Collaborate meeting agenda items with the Board of Elders.
- Act as liaison between M.B Conference ministries and our congregation.
- Meet regularly with KHC office staff.
- Assist in planning church calendar (short and long range).
- Represent KHC in the community (Newton Ministerial Alliance, etc).
- Weddings and funerals.
- Counseling (pre-marital, marriage, family, personal).
- Oversee discipleship of new Christians.
- Baptism and orientation of new members.
- Visitation (newcomer, hospital, congregational) in conjunction with the Shepherds Ministry Team.
- Regular communication with the congregation.
- Work with leadership on vision and goals.
- Directly accountable to the Board of Elders and ultimately the congregation.
- Works with the Board of Elders for vision, workload, and ministry.
- Will undergo regular evaluations by the Board of Elders.
Koerner Heights Church
320 N Meridian
Newton, KS 67114
To apply for this position, please send a resume with a cover letter to email@example.com. Be sure to include your personal faith journey along with anything else you think might help us understand your background and who you are. Any questions can also be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.