Middle School Girls Youth Leader – Part Time
Colonial Presbyterian Church is seeking an energetic female to step into the role of Middle School Girls Youth Leader at our Overland Park campus. This part time position calls for an individual that has a natural ability to build relationships with middle school girls while pointing them to the Cross. Additionally, the selected individual must have excellent skills in leading Worship, as to provide a vibrant worship team culture while working with our Student Ministry.
If this, is you, please send your resume, along with cover letter, as soon as possible, because we are interested in meeting you!
Responsible for pursuing and discipling middle school girls while assisting in the creation and implementation of a strategic ministry plan for Colonial Student Ministries.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for leading worship for our Student Ministry, as to provide a vibrant worship team culture.
- Responsible for creating, cultivating, and sustaining personal relationships with middle school girls with the goal of introducing them to Jesus Christ and making disciples.
- Attend sport, academic, and social events at local schools periodically.
- Help the student become a fully devoted follower of Christ.
- Responsible for developing positive relationships with parents and other adults involved in the Student Ministry.
- Responsible for helping to recruit, train and supervise adult volunteers.
- Must seek to maintain a good working relationship with the other members of the Student Ministry Staff and share ideas and input when appropriate.
- Sunday morning program: The Middle School Girls Leader must be present and actively engaged with students at the middle school Sunday morning program.
- Home Church/mid-week gathering: The Middle School Girls Leader must be present and actively engaged with students at mid-week gatherings and serve as a leader at one of the Home Churches.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Must have a solid understanding of basic biblical principles and be comfortable in sharing those principals and the gospel message with students – both in a group and one-on-one environments.
- Must possess and be able to demonstrate leadership, organizational and administrative (time management) skill that will allow for a successful ministry.
- Must have excellent skills in leading Worship, as to provide a vibrant worship team culture while working with our Student Ministry.
- A valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- The ability to work collaboratively with other staff and other ministry teams within Colonial and the community.
- Must be flexible in working hours with the ability to participate or lead activities during evenings, weekends, and holidays. Occasional overnight travel is required. National sex offender background check and driving background check will be completed.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $28,000.00 – $29,250.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Weekend availability
- Youth Leader: 1 year (Required)
- Drivers License (Required)
Work Location: One location
1,917 total views, 3 views today