Minister of Outreach and Discipleship
The mission statement of the Footville Church of Christ is “To know Christ and To make Him known.” That statement is rooted in Matthew 28:19-20 where Jesus says, “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
The vision the elders have for the position of Outreach and Discipleship Minister is someone whose primary focus will be to serve as essentially a missionary to the unchurched and unsaved people that live within a 10 mile radius of Footville. This person would coordinate and expand our current local evangelistic efforts as well as work to help each one of us do a better job at sharing the gospel. The Outreach and Discipleship Minister would also serve as an associate to our Preaching Minister assisting in all areas of ministry. While both the Preaching Minster and the Outreach and Discipleship Minister would each have designated responsibilities, the Preaching Minister and the elders envision a collaboration with both ministers involved, to some degree, in all aspects of ministry.
This ministry position will have responsibilities such as:
- Help develop a discipleship emphasis in each ministry area
- Participate in various ministries and build connections to people outside the church to those ministries
- Work with our Bible School program and develop Elective Classes that can be used as entry points into our church
- Develop and Coordinate Outreach Events
- Be the lead person for marketing and advertising
- Coordinate missions trips
- Develop church wide events that can be ways people can invite friends to get involved
- Build relationships with people through community events
- Work cooperatively with the Preaching Minister in various ministries inside and outside of the church.
- Preach 6-10 times per year and teach as needed.
If interested in learning more about this ministry opportunity or to submit a resume, please contact John Thomson, Preaching Minister, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the church at 608-876-6736 or 608-466-4710.
Footville Church of Christ
117 Church Street
P.O. Box 157
Footville, WI 53537
608-876-6736 or 608-466-4710.
284 total views, 4 views today