Minister of Worship and Media Communications
Job Title: Minister of Worship and Media Communications
Reports To: Senior Pastor
Position Status: Full-Time, salaried
Position Statement: At Crossroads we desire worship to be “a way of life”. We are seeking an individual with a heart to walk alongside the volunteers in our worship ministry as you together lead us into worship as “a way of life”. This will require an individual that has a passion and heart to immerse him/herself into the Body of Jesus.
Purpose: The Minister of Worship and Media Communications will oversee the worship, creative arts, and media communications ministries to create an environment of worship. Worship is beyond singing songs and extends beyond our building and reaches our community. The Minister of Worship and Media Communications is the primary facilitator for creating a worship environment and experience that includes engaging and impactful worship services that draw us into the presence of God and above all glorifies God.
About Crossroads Christian Church: Crossroads is a non-denominational independent Christian church that grew out of the Restoration Movement. We have both a traditional and contemporary service and we average 210 total in these two Sunday services. We are located in Hutchinson, Kansas with a population of approximately 40,000. With rural counties surrounding Hutchinson, it is a great place to live, work and raise a family, enjoying spectacular Kansas sunrises and sunsets with much of the bigger city amenities like great shopping, restaurants and attractions but without the bigger city frustrations like traffic. Crossroads is a place to “start life over” and we have many people in all walks of their spiritual growth. The mission at Crossroads is to ENCOUNTER God through a daily walk with Jesus Christ, EQUIP the Saints for Ministry through a growing knowledge of Jesus Christ and growing ministry skills, and ENGAGE the Mission of God to change the world.
Spiritual Qualifications & Character:
- Have a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a passionate, growing, personal relationship with Him
- Have a verifiable history of moral purity and willingness to be accountable in this area of life
- Have a “Restoration Movement” background or an understanding and agreement with the principles of it
- Possess the spiritual gifts of leadership (Romans 12:8) and administration (I Corinthians 12:28)
- Be passionate about lifting high the name of Jesus in worship
- Have a willingness to embrace the doctrine, mission and worship philosophy of Crossroads Christian Church
- Possess a consistent habit of engaging in spiritual disciplines and contemplative practices
Minimum Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Be a self-motivated initiator, self-starter, able to administrate, lead and instruct others
- Be a team player with a positive attitude, strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to recruit, equip, instruct, train and shepherd volunteers in the spirit of Ephesians 4:12
- Have an exemplary work ethic, be teachable, willing to go beyond requirements
- Committed to building enduring relationships with the other staff members
- Proven track of leadership; ability to set and meet deadlines
- A desire to provide an authentic, passionate and excellent worship experience
- Excellent skills at playing lead instrument(s), at a minimum either keyboard or guitar, along with an above average vocal ability and a proficiency in reading music
- Above average knowledge of sound system operation
- Has experience with worship software (i.e. ProPresenter, Planning Center, Media Shout, Easy Worship)
- Be able and willing to teach about and lead others through spiritual disciplines and contemplative practices
Preferred Knowledge & Skills:
- College degree in a field related to the position
- Formal music training
- Previous experience as a worship leader, church music, or production director
- Degree or experience in media communications
- Degree or experience in marketing and/or graphic design
- Proficient in current sound and video technology, able to train volunteers and use audio-visual data for live-stream, video, promotions, website and social media
- Competent in arranging charts and producing other worship resources
- Selecting, arranging and providing music for our weekend services, both traditional and contemporary
- Leading weekly band/worship and audio-video team rehearsals
- Managing weekly worship team rotation schedule and maintaining advanced schedule communication with worship team members and tech team
- Building teams and training leaders to strengthen the worship ministry in all areas, not just our traditional and contemporary services but worship for our youth and children’s ministries as well
- Recruiting, auditioning, and incorporating new vocalists, instrumentalists, tech team and media communications volunteers
- Communicating vision and instruction to ministry members with love and clarity
- Providing an atmosphere of continual improvement and helping our volunteers grow in ability
- Providing communication between A/V/technical team and the creative arts ministry
- Providing an order of service in conjunction with the preaching minister for the weekend for both the tradition and contemporary services
- Helping to develop a long-term ministry plan for worship, events and ministry training
- Helping to prepare and manage an annual ministry budget setting measurable goals
- Providing a pastoring heart over the congregation and worship ministry volunteers
Media Communications (25%)
- Creating, managing and overseeing Crossroads’ media production including website, social media outlets, video productions and testimonials
- Producing graphics through the use of Photoshop or similar software
- Incorporating video announcements into the worship services
- Developing and integrating ministry video testimonies into the worship services
- Working with the Senior Pastor to ensure cohesion between themed-messages and media communications
Creative Arts (15%)
- Assembling/overseeing creative teams to produce creative elements for the weekend services and special services/events, such as stage, sanctuary and/or lobby décor or backgrounds
- Coordinating creative ministry involvement in service/programs
- Working with the Senior Pastor to ensure cohesion between themed-messages and creative arts
Shared Roles with Staff:
- Be committed to a consistent and increasing level of passion for Jesus Christ in word, deed and devotion, and leading by example that worship is “a way of life” for all areas and ministries within the church.
- Diligently nurture relationships with other staff members through good team work, encouragement, training, fellowship, prayer, participation and clear and direct communication.
- Live out Crossroads’ mission of Encountering, Equipping and Engaging.
- Participate in weekly staff prayer time and all scheduled staff meetings.
- Set an example to other staff and the congregation in timeliness, attitude, hard work, tithing & giving, church attendance and small group discipleship.
- Willing to love God’s people and serve above and beyond specific areas to build the church community in the spirit of Hebrews 10:24.
To apply please send your resume and provide a video of you leading worship (if available) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Crossroads Christian Church
4310 N. Monroe,
Hutchinson, Kansas 67502
792 total views, 4 views today