Minister of Youth/Students
The Student Minister works to provide a transformational environment that will disciple students (6th-12th grade). He will oversee current education models for youth and creatively introduce new ministry methods. The Student Minister will be supervised by the Senior Minister under the direction the Elders. He must have a good working relationship with Staff, Elders and Ministry Leaders. All programs, expenditures, plans, and strategies will be shared with the Senior Minister for counsel and to insure a consistency with the vision of the Church and calendar. The Elders, in cooperation with the Sr. Minister, will provide an annual evaluation of the Student Minister’s performance.
The Ideal Candidate will…
- be an immersed believer in Jesus, the Christ and actively seeking to grow in that relationship.
- have a conviction of the infallible authority the Bible, God’s Word.
- have Bible College training in the area of Bible, Ministry or Christian Education.
- have 2 years of experience in Student/Youth Ministry.
- be committed to moral purity and spiritual excellence in every area of life.
- show a genuine love for all people.
- display a commitment to co-workers (paid staff and leadership) to maintain a relationship of honor, acceptance, open communication, and the maintenance of harmony.
- exhibit a work ethic of self-starting drive, delegation, follow-through, organization, and a positive attitude.be able to relate to and lead teens.
The job of the Student Minister is to recruit, equip and train lay leaders in the area of Student Ministry and to develop environments that produce spiritual transformation in the lives of the students and leaders.
Specific Tasks (include but are not limited to):
- Plan, delegate and provide oversight for Youth Groups, Sunday School, Church Camp, Bible Colleges, etc.
- Organize Student experiences via CIY, Local Missions and Foreign Missions.
- Assist parents in raising youth from God’s perspective.
- Be a mentor to youth.
- Be a resource person and assist the Christian Education Ministry to achieve its goals.
- Participate in leadership meetings as well as other Church meetings where insight concerning Students might be needed.
- Attend school lunches regularly, local FCA, and some activities where Students are participating.
- Assist the Senior Minister as needed in the areas of visitation (especially with families with Students).
- Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time but must be authorized by the Senior Minister to assure that the Student Minister maintains a healthy lifestyle.
The position of Student Minister is a full-time salaried position with an expectation of a minimum of 35 hours per week. Employment outside of the Itawamba Christian Church would require permission from the Elders and Senior Minister. Compensation including salary, benefits, vacation time, etc. will be negotiated with the Elders.
Itawamba Christian Church, Fulton, MS is an Independent Christian Church from the Restoration Movement. Averaging 150 in Worship attendance, ICC is a debt free congregation with a passion for youth. The congregation consistently has provided resources to develop its youth and to reach beyond its walls. One recent addition is a 25 person people mover to safely transport the youth.
Fulton, population 4,000, is the county seat of Itawamba County and is located in Northeast Mississippi on I-22 just 20 miles from Tupelo, the hometown of Elvis. Located also on the Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway, Fulton is filled with natural beauty and recreational opportunities as well as very mild winters.
With an A rated school system and the state’s highest ranked Community College, Fulton has much to offer. Fulton represents a stark shift from the South of the past with low taxes and a cost of living among the lowest in the country and a progressive spirit.
Itawamba Christian Church
305 W Wiygul St
Fulton, MS 38843
For more information or to apply, contact Tony Thornton, email@example.com