The Music Director will oversee the worship and audio for worship services and special events. The Music Director will work with the Lead Minister and other staff members and volunteers to create an excellent audio experience that supports the overall worship experience and culture of the church.
The Music Director reports to the Lead Minister and Elders. It is a permanent part-time position (20 hours per week average).
- Agreement with the beliefs of Town & Country Christian Church. Town & Country is an Independent Christian Church.
- A deep personal relationship with Jesus.
- Proven experience in mixing audio for live events.
- Strong technical skills, including proficiency with digital consoles and audio software.
- Ability to train and lead volunteers.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work collaboratively.
- Familiarity with worship music and sound requirements.
- A humble spirit with a willingness to learn and compromise.
- Mix sound for all worship services and special events.
- Plan music for all worship services, choosing appropriate songs that take into account the message and themes of the service.
- Train and oversee volunteer audio technicians, musicians, and worship leaders.
- Manage and maintain audio equipment, including troubleshooting and repairs.
- Ensure compliance with copyright laws and licensing agreements.
- Attend worship rehearsals and sound checks.
- Coordinate with other leaders by meeting regularly with the church’s Deacon of Worship and attending monthly Administrative Board Meetings and weekly Staff meetings.
- Work with the staff team to produce several short weekly videos for marketing, communication, training, and teaching.
- Manage the church’s digital communications, including social media, website, online advertising, etc.
Town & Country Christian Church
4925 SW 29th Street
Topeka, KS 66614
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to Will Hamilton at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
132 total views, 6 views today