Part-Time Children’s Ministry Director
The Children’s Ministry Director at Cornerstone Christian Church is responsible for the oversight and leadership of the children’s ministry department and all children’s ministry volunteers. Our children’s ministry is committed to fostering an environment where children feel welcome and safe and where each child can learn and grow. We believe that children play an intricate role in the mission of our church and believe that developing programs where they learn and serve early is important in their spiritual foundation. The Children’s Ministry Director should be a servant leader who loves children and desires to lead them in developing a personal relationship of their own with Jesus Christ.
This is a part-time position (approximately 30 hours/week). This is classified as a contract labor position. A 1099 will be issued at the end of the calendar year.
This position reports to the Lead Pastor.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Oversee children’s Sunday School classes, Children’s Church, and other children’s ministry activities (i.e., VBS, summer camps/summer activities).
- Complete all administrative duties relating to the children’s ministry.
- Recruit, schedule, train, and pray for children’s ministry volunteers.
- Use social media to promote Children’s ministry events/activities.
- Create and effectively manage the children’s ministry budget.
- Communicate consistently and effectively with parents/guardians of the children involved at Cornerstone Christian Church as well as the parents/guardians of visitors.
- Establish and maintain positive and healthy relationships with children and their families.
- Promote the health and safety of all children and volunteers.
- Attend regular staff and quarterly leadership meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Set and meet yearly professional goals.
- Spiritually and emotionally healthy.
- Servant leader with a passion to grow God’s Kingdom through ministries associated with Cornerstone Christian Church.
- Ability to be flexible and think creatively.
- Understand the importance of confidentiality and professional discernment.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills.
- Cheerful and positive attitude.
- A desire to teach and mentor children with patience and an accepting heart.
- 1-3 years’ experience working with children.
- An educational background in Christian Ministries, Education, and/or Biblical Studies is preferred but not required.
While employees are asked to serve in a variety of roles, each employee’s duties and responsibilities are primarily religious. An employee must exemplify the moral teachings of Cornerstone Christian Church. An employee must not teach, advocate, model or in any way encourage beliefs or behaviors that are contrary to the teachings of Cornerstone Christian Church.
Cornerstone Christian Church
5531 E. 37th Street North
Wichita, KS 67220
For more information or to apply for this position contact Jason Whyte firstname.lastname@example.org 316-686-0208.