Pastor of Worship & Creative Arts
Grace Point Evangelical Free Church is a multi-generational church and part of The Evangelical Free Church of America in Adrian, MI built on solid biblical preaching and intentional relationships. The church is located in between Adrian and Tecumseh, Michigan. The church’s vision is to be a church of disciples, making disciples through intentional relationships. The church is congregationally led, through the Elder Board, of which each of the Pastors are a part. Pastor Jeff Barbieri accepted the call to serve as Lead Pastor in 2016 after serving as the Administrative Pastor for three years. Grace Point EFC offers two identical modern worship services at 9:00AM & 10:45AM on Sunday mornings. The church averages 350 in attendance between worship and kids ministry on Sunday morning. They are meeting in-person weekly and livestreaming on both Facebook and Youtube.
The church is seeking the right candidate to lead as the new Pastor of Worship & Creative Arts. The right candidate will have a deep personal life in Christ and the character and capacity that align with the church’s overall mission and vision. The Pastor of Worship & Creative Arts will work closely with the Lead Pastor, Administrative Pastor, and the Elder Board to fulfill their role. Below are the Qualifications and Respons
- A passionate, growing, personal relationship with Jesus Christ as evidenced by a vibrant prayer life, a heart for lost people, and a love of God’s Word.
- A heart for ministry and a desire to engage the spiritual formation of those in the congregation and the worship ministry.
- A commitment to sustained excellence and quality.
- A teachable spirit, a willingness to seek the counsel of others when needed and a submission to authority.
- Primary consideration will be given to candidates with a college degree, though not required.
- Previous experience of worship leadership in corporate worship.
- Experience in: Planning Center and ProPresenter software; live-streaming across multiple platforms; sound, video, and lighting design; graphic design, video creation/editing, and social media.
- In coordination with the Lead Pastor and Administrative Pastor, bring vision and direction for the future of the worship ministry that is aligned with the church’s overall vision.
- Lead worship for church services.
- Recruit, develop, schedule, and equip musicians, sound techs, and media techs to execute weekly worship services.
- Direct all weekly activities and rehearsals necessary to facilitate worship in services.
- Provide coaching and oversight of the training of volunteers (vocalists, instrumentalists, and audio/visual technicians).
- While valuing the old, introduce new songs and ways to worship our Savior.
- Partner with the Lead Pastor and Ministry Team in brainstorming of creative components for use in weekend services.
- Oversee the worship ministry budget, organization, and volunteers.
- Maintain licensing for copyrighted worship elements (music, video, streaming, etc.).
- Nurture spiritual growth of team members in their relationship with Christ through discipleship, mentoring, and caregiving.
- Oversee worship tech equipment maintenance.
- Establish annual goals and objectives in line with our stated vision/mission/core values under the direction of the Administrative Pastor.
- Assist the Technology Coordinator with social media, website, and live streaming.
- Assist the Technology Coordinator with video production.
- Oversee the design and implementation of staging for weekly services and high impact services such as Christmas and Easter.
- Consistently look for new ways to introduce and use the creative gifts of our congregation, incorporating, for example, special music, children’s specials, and dramas throughout the year.
- Provide oversight and leadership for the Grace Point Connect ministry. The Grace Point Connect ministry exists to help create a welcoming place for all who attend Sunday services. The ministry’s goal is to welcome, inform, and serve existing members and guests. The oversight and leadership of this ministry includes recruiting, training, and scheduling Connect volunteers for Sunday services. Connect volunteers include greeters, ushers, and welcome desk attendants.
Reports to: Administrative Pastor, Dan Hammarberg
For more information, view the full church profile at frootgroup.com/gracepoint.
To apply, email your resume to Meggan at email@example.com.
Grace Point Evangelical Free Church
4612 N ADRIAN HWY ADRIAN MI 49221
306 total views, 9 views today