- Strong musical skills in reading music and playing piano and/or organ.
- Familiarity with both traditional Christian hymns and contemporary Christian songs and music.
- Ability to capably lead musical aspects of a worship service consistent with best Lutheran practices.
- Expressive creativity in interpreting music in order to enhance the worship experience.
- Reports punctually to the church at least 15 minutes prior to start of service or event for which music is required.
- Provides input to the pastor and the Worship & Music Ministry Team when scheduling music and hymn choices for traditional worship, attending planning meetings if possible.
- Selects and plays seasonally appropriate hymns, prelude, offertory, and postludes for regular worship services as well as Lent, additional Easter services, and Christmas Eve services.
- Recommends selection of music for purchase by church for prelude, offertory and postludes for traditional worship services.
- Accompanies the congregation during liturgy and hymns during the traditional service.
Participates as part of the Praise Team at rehearsals and during the contemporary service. Practices liturgy with pastor or new assisting ministers when needed.
- Accompanies special music when needed.
- Arranges for substitute organist/pianist in the case of absences.
- Informs the office of the need for organ and piano tuning and maintenance.
- Is available for other worship experiences at the church, such as funerals. **
**Compensation in addition to regular salary will be provided according to type of service
Peace Lutheran Church
2500 Kimball Ave.
Manhattan, KS 66502
To apply contact Austin English firstname.lastname@example.org
441 total views, 6 views today