Praise Team Leader
Our purpose at College Heights: College Heights exists to lead lost people to faith in Jesus and to lead believers in Christ toward spiritual maturity.
Objective: It is the responsibility of the Praise Team Leader to oversee the musical portion of our times of corporate worship. Our worship in all areas, including music, should serve the overall purpose of the church, which is to make disciples. The Praise Team Leader should seek to use music to help the congregation grow in loving Jesus and also use music to teach the truth of the Gospel to the congregation.
A qualified Praise Team Leader would have the following characteristics:
- A growing relationship with Jesus
- A commitment to the truth of the Bible as God’s inerrant word
- A willingness to collaborate with the pastor and other ministry leaders
- Possess the musical ability and knowledge needed to lead and organize a musical team of 3-6 people
- Good communication skills
- Be willing to become a member of College Heights
- Identify and develop musicians for the Praise Team
- Plan weekly worship music in coordination with the pastor
- Choose and teach new music to the Praise Team and congregation
- Make plans for dates when Praise Team Leader is absent
- Lead rehearsals for the Praise Team
- Plan and lead special worship times, i.e. Christmas Eve, Easter Sunrise
This is a paid, part-time staff position. Monthly compensation is $600. There is no formal vacation time associated with this position. However, once per quarter the Praise Team Leader will be encouraged to take one Sunday off from attending College Heights and plan for one Sunday to attend College Heights but not lead worship.
College Heights Baptist Church
2320 Anderson Ave.
Manhattan, KS 66502
1,863 total views, 6 views today