Goshen Christian Church, Goshen, IN is in search of our next Preaching Minister. We are looking for a preacher who provides spiritual and pastoral leadership to the members and serves as the spiritual leader of the church to fulfill its mission and purpose as taught in the Bible. Goshen looks to bring a young minister in to help him grow in his preaching or a leader who is more established to help them grow in their outreach to the community. He should be an authentic, honest, humble, and devoted leader to the church, locally and globally. Salary is negotiable and housing allowance is available.
Personal and Spiritual Requirements:
- Professes Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and is an immersed believer.
- Continually pursues an intimate, transforming relationship with God and healthy lifestyle
- Considers this position a ministry, not just a job
- Practices healthy relational boundaries and fiscal integrity
- Manages his family well, if married
- Spiritual vitality, disciplines, and a life “above reproach”
- Bachelor’s Degree from an Independent Christian (Stone-Campbell) institution
- Ordained/Commissioned in the Independent Christian (Stone-Campbell) church
- Able to communicate in a manner that promotes, engages and encourages the congregation or others who are receiving the messages/communication.
- Disciple-making qualities/experience
- 30 to 45 years of age
- At least 5 years of previous experience leading an Independent Christian (Stone-Campbell) church, campus, or para-church organization
- Successful experience in leading people in a ministry setting, using excellent communication, problem-solving, and people skills.
- Master’s Degree/post-graduate degree
- Experience with and commitment to domestic/international mission trips
- Experience with a multi-generational approach to ministry
We describe our ideal candidate like this:
- He’s a maturing disciple. He has a growing relationship with Jesus that impacts his life every He models Jesus in handling crises, knowing Scripture, practicing disciplines, and relating with others. He faithfully serves out of his call and giftedness in ministry.
- He’s faithful, with his personal life as an outpouring of his relationship with Jesus. His marriage is healthy, his finances are secure, he practices generosity, and he understands the importance of rest and close relationships.
- He’s a disciple-maker. He has demonstrated an ability to lead people in their relationship with Christ in a relational, flexible, intentional, and holistic way.
- He’s a gifted speaker who is humbled to present God’s Word. He can connect with an audience and help them apply deep truths to their ordinary lives.
- He’s confident leading, more committed to empowering his team than doing everything on his own.
- He’s self-aware enough to know his strengths and weaknesses and has a desire to grow in
- He’s excited about our vision and committed to making it come true. He has new and innovative ideas that inspire our congregation to work together to glorify God.
Website is http://goshenchristianchurch.org/
Think you would be a great fit for this role? Become a candidate today.
Email Rick.Shonkwiler@myccl.org with resume. Use “Goshen” in the subject line.
Text 859.653.0692 for job description and more information. Leave your name and email.
Goshen Christian Church
2133 Berkey Avenue
Goshen, Indiana 46526
2,277 total views, 9 views today