Job Title: Lead Minister Full-time
Reports to: Elders of FCC
- A mature Christian man with strong family relationships and a servant’s heart.
- A man who meets the Biblical qualifications for eldership.
- Full agreement with FCC’s Statement of Faith.
- Preferred 5 years of experience in a staff role with oversight of teams in a local church.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited Christian College preferred.
- The ability to teach and inspire others to follow Christ faithfully.
- Willingness to work with a multi-generational congregation.
- Develop and communicate the vision and strategy of FCC.
- Invest substantial time into a vital relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Get the right people in the right positions to carry out the vision of FCC.
- Invest substantial time into developing as a leader and person.
- Provide vision and ultimate oversight of worship experiences.
- Develop relationships with community and church leaders.
- Visit other churches and attend conferences that will increase the vision and ministry of FCC.
- Provide clear vision and leadership so that the staff can effectively serve FCC.
- Coordinate and supervise the work of all paid ministerial staff and provide supervision of office operations and church administration. This should include at least a minimum amount of scheduled office time.
- Work with staff to develop a healthy and unified team, building a culture of open and consistent communication and collaboration.
- Oversee and encourage staff development through conferences, seminars, books, or other training methods.
- Serve as liaison between Elders and Staff of FCC.
- As the primary communicator, teach for life change on Sunday mornings.
- Arrange for additional communicators as needed.
- Insofar as is possible, other days off, vacation time and/or conferences should be scheduled in advance with adequate notification to the elders and board.
- Participate in the creative process as it relates to Sunday morning.
- Prayerfully prepare an annual teaching calendar.
Other Ministry Functions:
- Develop and implement leaders and content for Family Groups.
- Care for those of greatest need in the congregation (hospitalized, sick, and shut-in).
- Ensure that Shepherding is happening in all areas of the Congregation.
- The minister is expected to coordinate, between staff and volunteers, the contact of those who have visited FCC.
- Weddings: Conduct pre-marital counseling and planning sessions. Conduct rehearsals and wedding ceremonies, as requested, according to
- Deaths: In as much as possible, he tries to ensure someone is with the family when death comes. If requested, he is to assist in planning and conducting the memorial service. Follow up bereavement calling, and grief counseling as needed.
- Ensure church grounds are appropriately cared for, by working with the trustees and aligning volunteers in appropriate areas.
- The Senior Minister will accept other responsibilities as assigned by the elders or church board.
- Maintain God ordained priorities in your life by putting Jesus Christ first, your spouse second, your children third and the ministry fourth.
- Give at least 10% of your income to God’s work.
- Be loyal to the vision, elders, and staff of FCC, and always protect the unity of the church.
- Invest and invite the lost to know Jesus and come to FCC
First Christian Church
301 S. Broadway
Plainville, KS 67663
For more information or to apply, contact Gary Peters, email@example.com (785) 737-3203.