The senior minister shall serve as the chief under-shepherd and overseer of this local church, feeding, leading and nurturing the sheep. This person’s main responsibilities will be to communicate God’s Word, minister to the spiritual needs and provide biblical leadership for the church.
Ministry Area/Department: General staff/Administration
Position: Senior Minister
Accountable to: God. Mutually to the elders, deacons, and Associate Minister
Ministry Target: Church and community
Position is: Paid staff
Position May Be Filled By: Graduate of Accredited Bible College or Seminary;
Tested and Approved according to 1 Timothy/Titus
Talents or Abilities Desired: Leadership ability – Good communicator – Experience in teaching and preaching – Some training or experience in counseling – Experience in leading others to Christ – Discreet
Best Personality Traits: Communicator – Caring
Passion for: Shepherding the saints, equipping them for ministry and influencing the community for Christ, doing the work of an evangelist
Length of Service Commitment: Indefinite
The Senior Minister will be a CONTRACT EMPLOYEE. All VCCC paid positions will be by contract, effective dates to be set on January 1 of each calendar year. A W-9 will be issued at the end of each calendar year. No Federal or State taxes will be withheld from the Contract Employee’s pay. The Contract Employee will be “self-employed”. All Staff of VCCC will have Self-Employed status.
Anticipated Time Commitments
- Doing ministry/preparing for ministry: 40 to 50 hours a week, off on Saturday, except for emergencies and special occasions. A minister is expected to volunteer for service each week the number of hours that corresponds to those of the volunteers the minister recruits for ministry. Example: If an Elder, Deacon, or Sunday School teacher volunteers four (4) hours each week, the minister is expected to do the same.
- Participating in meetings/training: A minimum of one hour per week
Responsibilities Under the Oversight of Elders
- Oversee ministerial staff.
- Provide leadership and vision for the church. Direct plans for ministry and church growth; develop and fine-tune the church structure based on the Team philosophy of ministry.
- Motivate, equip and nurture the people of the church through example, preaching and teaching God’s Word and spiritual counseling.
- Spend significant time in prayer and Bible study.
- Contact/visit hospitalized or grieving church members.
- Officiate at weddings and funerals.
- Provide premarital counseling, counseling regarding salvation and spiritual issues and other counseling for church members as time permits.
- Perform sacraments such as Communion and baptism.
- Oversee church discipline and manage conflict in the church. Seek to reconcile relationships and promote unity within the church.
- Participate in evangelism efforts through preaching and giving invitations during worship services, revival or other special services, visitations and other outreach efforts.
- Perform any other duties as necessary for the growth and order of the church whether they have been previously specified, or not.
Valley Center Christian Church
1801 East Fifth Street
Valley Center, KS 67147
3,204 total views, 4 views today