The Senior. Minister of Tonganoxie Christian Church will be responsible for the overall day to day activities of the church, overseeing a staff of functional ministers and administrative staff to lead, train and equip the church. This will be accomplished through preaching, teaching, evangelism and pastoral care, while building close relationships of trust and compassion with the overall congregation. This position reports to the Elder Board.
- Setting the vision, direction and ministry philosophies with the leadership team (Elders, Staff and Ministry Team Leaders).
- Vision-casting, motivating and evaluation of the spiritual progress of the church.
- Ensuring pastoral care needs within the church body are met and demonstrating a love and interest in people through actions and consistent follow-up with those in need.
- Developing and equipping staff as necessary.
- Supervision for church staff as appropriate.
- Providing general oversight for all aspects of preaching, including working closely with the Elder board to set the vision, direction and philosophy related to preaching and teaching.
- Establishing the schedule for pulpit requirements and working closely with other ministerial staff for shared opportunities in preaching as appropriate or coverage when Senior Minister is on vacation or traveling related to required duties.
- Annual evaluation of staff performance and addressing any performance issues that may arise.
- General oversight of overall ministry teams to ensure alignment with overall philosophy of the church.
- Bible College degree required.
- Strong knowledge and insight to biblical principles that can be easily conveyed to new or mature Christians.
- A strong understanding of restoration church movement and biblical principles associated with it.
- Seven or more years of ministerial experience preferred, but not required.
- A genuine and demonstrated service to God and love for people.
- Strong conflict resolution and counseling experience or background.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Managed staff in a church environment preferred, but not required.
Tonganoxie Christian Church (TCC) is conducting a nation-wide search for our next Senior Minister. If you feel God is calling you to serve, we encourage you to submit your resume for consideration. TCC, a non-denominational Christian Church rooted in the Christian Restoration Movement is in the process of searching for our next Senior. Minister.
Our current Sr. Minister is being called by God to Colorado Springs and serve in another congregation. TCC has been very fortunate and blessed to have them for almost 10 years. They are leaving on very good terms.
Tonganoxie, Kansas, a small town of 6,000+ residents in a quiet bedroom community, is approximately 30 minutes from the metropolitan Kansas City area. With a congregation of almost 300, TCC offers three church services on Sunday morning at 8am, 9:30am and 11am. In addition, we have a family-centered event each Wednesday night that includes dinner and bible study classes for adults, youth group services from 6th grade thru high school, and children’s bible studies and activities from Pre-K thru 5th grade.
We also have several small groups that meet throughout the week for various Bible studies classes and spiritual connection and fellowship. TCC has been a beacon for the Tonganoxie community for over 150 years. Founded in February of 1872, our church has been richly blessed by God throughout our history.
Tonganoxie Christian Church
204 Washington St
Tonganoxie, KS 66086
Please take time to learn more about Tonganoxie Christian Church at Church Website,