Are you on fire about spreading God’s word and building real, authentic relationships? The Bridge Christian Community is looking for a pastor like you to lead its congregation of mission-driven people. The community at the Bridge is an eclectic assembly of people from all backgrounds in a city that is predominantly Catholic. Our facility is non-traditional, with a pub/dining hall being the first experience on the main floor. Our congregation is about 150 people and has growth potential. The heart of the Bridge is to engage unchurched men 18-39 that have influence on the people around them.
As the hands and feet of Christ, our Partners lead ministries God has called them to. Our staff is here to support and provide administrative needs to the Elders, Pastor, and ministries of the Bridge.
We are looking for a pastor who is gifted in the following:
• leadership development
The mission of the Bridge Christian Community is to nurture a culture of bridge building between God, His family, and those here, near, and far. The tri-state area (approximately 100,000 in population) offers many recreational opportunities for outreach, including river recreation, downhill skiing and snow sports, nature trails through the river bluffs, biking trails, a Smithsonian River Museum, arts and theater organizations, and a landscape rich in architectural history. The city also boasts a rich educational system, including five colleges/universities.
Church Affiliation: Nondenominational in cooperation with Christian Evangelistic Mission (CEM) with a foundation in the Restoration Movement.
Position Title: Senior Pastor
Position Commitment: Full Time
Appendix A: Bridge 101 Handout with Partnership Covenant (Partnership Covenant)
Reports to: Leadership Team/Elders
Reason for search: Our lead pastor of 13 years has accepted an executive pastor position at a church where he was previously employed.
The Senior Pastor has primary responsibility for teaching the Word of God and to provide leadership and vision to the Body in partnership with the Elders, Staff, Ministry Teams and Congregation. Act as the Primary Church Spokesperson Teaching – for weekend worship gatherings – Approximately 42 – 44 weekends per year.
- Develop the future of the Bridge to carry out the Great Commission
- Develop and refine personal and congregational leadership traits and influence.
- Collaborate with the Leadership/Elder Team in the development of people, policies, and plans.
- Disciple and train current and future church leaders.
- Hire, supervise and coach church staff in collaboration with the Leadership/Elder Team.
Disciple the Church to Effectively Stay on Mission
- Pastor the church in engaging the target group of 18 – 39-year-olds, with an emphasis on men, who are far from God or His Church.
- Disciple the church on commitments of the Bridge Partnership Covenant (see page 8 of Bridge 101 Handbook) that help the church grow as a family and reach others for Jesus.
- Oversee the partnership classes (Bridge 101 and Spiritual Gifts) and assimilation process for people to become partners with the Bridge.
- Promote, support, and advise the mission endeavors supported by the church.
Oversee Church Ministries
- Lead planning and execution of weekend and other (e.g., Christmas Eve) church worship programs and events.
- Promote and advise key ministry areas of the church – Bridge Kidz; youth group; small groups.
- Have an active role in church communications – website, social media, online worship services
- Assist in budget creation and other financial obligations of the church.
Care for the Church Body
- Be available for spiritual coaching.
- Be available for religious ceremonies – i.e., weddings, funerals, baby dedications, in alignment with Bridge leadership policies.
Bridge Christian Community
395 W 9th Street
Dubuque, IA 52001
210 total views, 6 views today