The Student Minister develops and implements a student ministry for 6th-12th grade that introduces students to Christ; disciples them in spiritual growth; and trains them to serve Christ with their life. Of equal importance is assisting and empowering parents/guardians in raising their teenagers to a spiritual awareness and maturity. In accomplishing this mission, the Student Minister will work together with all other staff and leadership and will fully support all the ministries of CWCC.
Program/Ministry Oversight – 40%
- Develop diverse programming for students that points toward and encourages next step opportunities. This could include but is not limited to: worship services, small groups, Bible studies, camps, conferences and retreats, mission opportunities, and outreach events.
- Provide oversight, encouragement, and empowerment of middle school and high school students, any paid youth staff, and the adult volunteers in the ministry.
- Be involved with the personal lives of the students (directly and through adult volunteers). This could include but is not limited to: visiting with kids and parents, attending school events, and ministering in crisis situations.
- Assure student activity is focused on building spiritually mature students of the church – focusing on their personal spiritual lives, their accountable group relationships, and serving using their spiritual gifts.
- Assure proper care of facilities used by student programs.
Leader/Parent Equipping – 40%
- Maintain effective leadership for each program of the ministry. Provide the support, assistance, and resources necessary for each program and empower your adult volunteers to be involved in the day to day work of the ministry.
- Continually build a team of adult volunteers who will build relationships with students and serve in the student ministry. Recruit, train, and retain volunteers.
- Provide formal (structured) and informal (by example) leadership training for parents, adult volunteers, and student leaders.
- Provide formal and informal forums for frequent communication, encouragement and evaluation of the ministry. Create a team atmosphere with emphasis on involvement.
- Oversee, with help from adult volunteers, the identification of students with leadership potential and assure opportunities are given for development.
- Be able to counsel, advise, and provide resources to students and parents. Build a referral network for both students and parents.
Administration – 20%
- Maintain a well-planned, carefully balanced program throughout the year coordinated with the other ministries and calendared events of CWCC.
- Assure responsibilities for all events (retreats, mission trips, special events, etc.) are delegated and understood by adult volunteers and students.
- Pre-schedule all activities in their entirety, including post-activity plans. Publish all scheduled programming and activities to staff, parents, and students in a timely fashion.
- Oversee the Student Ministry budget to provide for ministry needs.
- With the input and support of the Senior/Executive Minister, establish and maintain a philosophy of student ministry and a clear understanding of annual goals and objectives.
- Assist staff and leadership in areas not directly related to student ministries when needed.
- Be a partner and voice in casting vision for and implementing direction for the church. • Other duties as assigned.
- Student Minister will report to Senior/Executive Minister under the guidance of the Elders.
- Must be welcoming to a mentoring relationship with an appointed person.
- Attend worship services, and other events of church as time allows.
- Actively growing and developing through conferences, reading, and exchange of ideas with others.
- Attend weekly staff meetings for prayer, communication, and planning.
- Attend monthly meetings with Senior/Executive Minister for prayer, support, and accountability with goals and objectives.
- Attend regular reviews to discuss job performance in regard to goals and objectives.
- Present all vacation requests in advance to the Executive Minister.
- A humble and teachable spirit
- A deep-seated relationship with Jesus Christ
- Feels a strong calling to student ministry
- Passionate heart for students and their families
- Gifts of leadership, teaching, and administration
- Shows a faithful pursuit of leadership characteristics listed in 1 Timothy 3
- An enthusiastic, charismatic communicator of Biblical truths
- An experienced evangelist and discipler
- Committed to excellence
- Influential leadership is key. Be a leader who is both a team player and a team builder, working well with students, parents, adult volunteers and co-workers.
- Live by the philosophy that parental involvement is key in training students in spiritual maturity. Be as involved with training parents as with training students.
- If married: a spouse who has a deep relationship with Jesus, fully supports your ministry, and desires to be an active member of the church.
- Have a life, testimony, and influence that is another main voice in students’ lives that helps to support what parents are teaching and modeling.
- This ministry is not 9-5. Ministry to students usually occurs afternoons and evenings at the schools, at sporting events, plays, concerts, and church. We want someone who desires to build influential relationships with local schools in order to build a bridge from students’ everyday culture to the gospel.
- Desire to work together with the staff team in order to move all ministries in the same direction, with the same vision, and in unity believing that every ministry thrives and grows on the success and support of the others.
- Gross salary package will be determined based on education and years of experience in ministry.
- Weeks of vacation and personal days off will be determined based on years of service in ministry. Holiday days are determined by calendar annually.
- A budget for continuing education and conferences will be provided.
- The gross salary package will include 2 squares of retirement investments with Christian Churches Pension Plan
Capital West Christian Church
1315 Fairgrounds Rd.
Jefferson City, MO 65109
336 total views, 6 views today