Student Ministries Pastor
Heritage Church is a multisite, non-denominational church located about 30 miles north of Chicago. The church is led by Lead Pastor Skyler Goodman who about four years ago led the merger between two churches to relaunch together as Heritage. The church currently has three campuses, with the Lake Zurich campus being the main campus. There is also a campus in Libertyville and Round Lake Beach, IL. Attendance currently runs around 1700 each week across all of their campuses. Currently, the Lake Zurich campus runs two identical in person services: 9:00am and 11:00am on Sunday mornings and also offers online live-streaming services.
The church is seeking the right candidate to take over as the new Student Ministries Pastor to oversee the student ministry at the Lake Zurich campus, and have some central team oversight. The right candidate will have a deep personal life in Christ and the character and capacity that align with the church’s overall mission and vision. Below are the qualifications and responsibilities Froot Group and the church have identified for this role:
- Will play a vital role of leading the charge of engaging Middle/High school students (grades 6-12) at the Lake Zurich Campus into a relevant and attractive ministry environment that helps students take next steps in their spiritual growth and development.
- Empower, train volunteers and model for them how to make a difference in student’s worlds and how to bridge their worlds and God’s dream for them.
- Think through and enable a workable/sustainable playbook for “now gen” ministry that can work at every campus of Heritage Church.
- Lead a team of volunteers in the creation and operation of a Middle/High school student ministry, including weekly small groups and routine special events (camps, conferences, trips, service projects, etc.).
- Plan and execute biblically accurate, culturally relevant, and high energy experiences for Middle/High school students.
- Create and nurture a great partnership atmosphere with student’s parents/guardians to combine efforts to help students take next steps.
- Create and manage a student ministry calendar that will drive all the activities and teaching of the ministry.
- Plan weekly/monthly/yearly events and activities to connect students and bring new students in.
- Develop a ministry curriculum that connects students to God & each other, grows students in their faith, and serves on mission as individuals and collectively as a ministry.
- Direct the recruitment, training, and development of volunteers to staff weekly programs and special events.
- Develop and disciple a group of student leaders.
- Spend time with students outside of scheduled events. (Go after students in our church and community not connected).
- Design, plan, and conduct periodic parent meetings in order to meet the needs and expectations of families attending the church.
- Assist in the development of an annual budget for student ministries and manage spending to budget.
- Function as a member of the church’s pastoral staff performing baptism services, weddings, funerals, etc. as part of a rotation schedule.
- Measure ministry effectiveness & health on measurable quarterly goals.
- A lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders (1 Tim. 3:1-13; 2 Tim. 2; Titus 1:5- 9).
- A calling to pastoral ministry.
- Excellent communication and public speaking abilities.
- Outgoing, engaging, and enthusiastic personality.
- Excellent spiritual and organizational leadership skills.
- Strong skill set in use of technology (filming videos, using social media platforms for marketing events and connecting with students, etc.).
- A bachelor’s degree in a relative field is preferred.
- At least one to two years of experience in leading a student ministry and can provide tangible measures of growth in those past ministry experiences.
Reports to: Senior Pastor and Executive Pastor
For more information, view the full church profile at frootgroup.com/
To apply, email your resume to Meggan at email@example.com.
255 N QUENTIN ROAD,
LAKE ZURICH, IL 60047
2,064 total views, 3 views today