Summer Staff Leader
During the summer months, the summer staff leader serves as the point person for summer staff interns, providing direct oversight for their weekly rhythms of Bible Study & Prayer, Accountability, Discipleship, Worship, Service, Outreach, and the planning and execution of Colonial’s Junior High and High School ministries.
- Reports to: Director of Student Ministry
- Supervises: Summer Staff Interns
- Teams With: Co-Summer Staff Leader
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Model & continue developing personal devotional life through practicing spiritual disciplines, especially devoting time to pray over the student ministry (students, families, volunteers, unreached).
- Lead Discovery Bible Studies & prayer practices with summer staff interns to utilize with their students.
- Develop personal, discipleship relationships with summer staff interns – offering 1-on-1 accountability, providing Biblical counsel, and fostering unity among the group.
- Review & Revisit weekly contact work with interns – ensuring that every student on a roster is contacted each week. Collect documentation of contact work.
- Partner with summer staff interns to plan weekly programming of events & weeknight gatherings.
- Share the Gospel through small groups and involvement in the community.
- Live in Christian community at the SKC Campus.
- Uphold the values of Colonial and carry out the summer staff policies outlined by leadership and Youth Staff.
- Be in regular contact with Youth Staff and communicate needs, resources, and solutions in weekly meetings.
Skills & Requirements:
- Must be a college student who is actively involved in a ministry at school or church and who desires to explore ministry further. Rising college junior, senior, or grad student preferred.
- Must possess at least one or a combination of the following spiritual gifts:
- teaching, pastor/shepherd,
- evangelism, and
- Current CPR and first aid certification preferred.
- Housing and food are provided.
- Summer staffers will work at one or both Colonial sites (South Kansas
City and Overland Park), and in the community.
- 40 Hours, Temporary, Exempt
- Orientation Week: May 22-26 (Onboarding), Employment extends through August 6th, 2023
Colonial Presbyterian Church
9500 Wornall Rd
Kansas City, MO
For more information or questions, please contact Riley Roberts at email@example.com . To apply click on this link: Application Form
285 total views, 3 views today