Summer Youth Minister Intern
Position – Youth Minister (high school and middle school)
Status – Part Time
Purpose: To serve the Rose Hill Christian Church (RHCC) congregation as its part time youth minister and to work with the high school and middle school youth to train and equip them for life-long service in the body of Christ.
The primary responsibilities of the youth minister of Rose Hill Christian Church are to prepare and present Biblically sound, culturally relevant lessons to youth on a weekly basis and to engage with students in building healthy relationships. Will include teaching Sunday School, Wednesday Evening Classes, and other youth devotional and fun activities as appropriate. Responsibilities will be conducted following the RHCC Child Protection Guidelines.
Examples of duties include:
- Prepare and teach Bible Study for youth including Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings.
- Prepare for small group activities and games during meeting times by researching curriculum and providing resources to student sponsors/volunteers who assist.
- Identify, invite, train and empower volunteers to be a part of the Youth Ministry.
- Service as the primary youth leader and communicator for the church.
- During the week, invest in the lives of students, building relationships with them in the most effective way possible; including praying for each student weekly.
- Schedule, book and follow up with supplemental student volunteers in your absence.
- Oversee youth activities, including retreats/conferences, outings, service opportunities, and fellowship. Examples may include volunteering at food banks, attendance at Judgement House, See You At The Pole, Youth Christmas Party, and Senior Sunday, as well as others.
- Meet with key volunteers on a regular basis to evaluate and plan activities and youth small groups.
- Participate in staff meetings, or other church leadership activities in order to provide updates regarding youth ministry and receive direction for the program.
- Lead fundraising activities for youth program as needed
- Continually look for ways to improve the effectiveness of youth ministry program.
- Currently training to work in ministry or Bachelor’s degree in Bible/Theology/Youth Ministry preferred.
- Minimum of 2 -3 years’ experience in youth ministry required without formal education or a combination of education and experience with a passion for youth ministry.
- Weekly salary of $200 – $225 dependent on experience and based on a 20-25 hours per week.
Please complete this candidate questionnaire and return within the deadline provided. If additional space is needed feel free to attach additional sheets or expand the spacing between each question for your response.
- Tell us about yourself and, if applicable, your family.
- Why are you interested in applying for this position? Why are you considering, or why did you leave, your most recent position?
- Describe in-depth your definition of inerrancy, the Bible being without error or fault in all its teaching.
- What do you believe is required for someone to be saved or commonly referred to as the Plan of Salvation? What happens to those who pass into death without following the Plan of Salvation?
- In your view, how does baptism relate to one’s salvation?
- What are some theological issues that you think are especially important for young Christians to get right in this time and place?
- Describe your experience working alongside volunteers and coordinating them to accomplish goals.
- Describe your experience working with troubled youth or youth in crisis.
- Describe the type of leadership roles have you had experience with.
- If not already included on your resume, list any type of experience you have had in working with youth.
If available, and already created please send an example of a lesson plan or bible study activity for youth for the committee to review. Examples can be an outline, power point, or other materials already presented or created, if nothing is previously created you may skip this section. Return questionnaire to Trisha McPherson at email@example.com.
Rose Hill Christian Church
314 N Rose Hill Road
Rose Hill, KS 67133
1,162 total views, 15 views today