At New Story we are currently searching for a biblically qualified man that is strategic and passionate about making more and better followers of Jesus to fill the role of Teaching Pastor. Our pastors operate as a team with shared leadership – equal in spiritual and directional authority but diverse in responsibilities. The primary responsibilities of the Teaching Pastor will be to teach, equip, and care for our church alongside our other pastors on staff.
- New Story is accustomed to expository preaching that is casual and tangible with contemporary application. The Teaching Pastor will utilize teaching through books of the Bible as well as thematic series. As a general principle, the Teaching Pastor should maintain a healthy balance in teaching by utilizing guest speakers, the pastoral staff, or other qualified teachers to speak at least once a month.
- The Teaching Pastor will participate in the general administration of the church office. He will help oversee and give direction/training to the staff and deacons.
- The Teaching Pastor will share the responsibility of pastoral care with the other pastors on staff. He should manage time to be able to nurture, provide counsel and support the church. He will participate in hospital and home visitations as well as special services (weddings/funerals)
- The biblical qualities in leadership as outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
- Must be in full agreement with New Story’s methodology and beliefs.
- Bachelor’s degree in a ministry related field or equivalent experience.
- Pastoral experience.
- Collaborative – Collaboration is key for our leadership structure.
- Strong listener and communicator that is able to cast focused vision.
New Story Church
5500 Woodend Ave.
Kansas City, KS 66106
For more information contact Rosanna Macht email@example.com to apply click Apply Here and complete online application; you will need to attach resume and doctrinal statement.
444 total views, 6 views today